Great Mag-lite and Streamlight Dealer

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Great Mag-lite and Streamlight Dealer

Post by F9K9 »

I found this outfit through Ebay. Since I wanted to buy several items I asked the seller how to complete this task. The Seller (David) emailed me back and told me to call him at the toll free number he provided. :D

His prices were cheaper on his own site and he was a pleasure to work with. He is the cheapest I have seen dealing with the rechargable flashlights and the other prices look just as good :thumb:

I was rebuilding three mag-lites. I got the parts in record time. I was still having problems with one flashlight and emailed him a question. I didn't get a return email but got a phone call after 9PM (my time) and his help got my third light up and running :shock:

If you need parts or lights, I cannot recommend anyone higher than DLS Rnterprises :thumb:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

Maybe this is a good place for everyone to post on the flash light they use in Brules quick fist flash light mod.

I'm looking to get a rechargeable one and I'm not sure what to get.
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ludwis wrote:Maybe this is a good place for everyone to post on the flash light they use in Brules quick fist flash light mod.

I'm looking to get a rechargeable one and I'm not sure what to get.

Ludwis.

I was on top of all the high tech law enforcement gear until May of 2002. A lot of products have come out since then. :D

Borderman may chime in. I know in my day the US Border Patrol had a lot to say at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center. They work hard and when they ask for new equipment, the manufactures and the training center listened.

I had three mag-lites which I inherited (at retirement) and always had good luck with them.

As a K-9 handler if, I was called on a tracking situation after dark in remote terrain, I figured a good mag-lite or streamlight was good for one hour. If I knew I had a long track I carried 3 rechargeable mag-lites. a 6P lithium powered light and a 4 c cell maglite.

Borderman is more current on your situation
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

The mag light still rules..
I use a 4D cell for tracking through the desert. Good fro several hours use, plus it makes a good self defense weapon if #&*@ hits the fans. For everything else I use a rechargeable stinger made by Streamlight. It has a very powerful light but like F9K9 stated good for only an hour per charge.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ludwis »

border man wrote:The mag light still rules..
plus it makes a good self defense weapon if #&*@ hits the fans.
Thats kind of what I was thinking, cause you just never know...

This is the one I'm looking at

Maglite

$76 at amazon

What do you guys think?

Steve
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

That is a good deal and it has free shipping. It beats the seller I was toting about by under 10 bucks but, I was impressed with the service I recieved :D

David will be a warranty center in a couple months and told me that He'd handle problems without "proof or original purchase" :D

It was pleasant to have help on the phone when I had a light broken down in more pieces than I knew was possible after 9 PM. :wink:

The choice is entirely up to you. The Stingers were out when I was working but, the light weight was a concern to me when alternative uses were considered :D

I wanted BorderMan to chime in because I was serious about manfacturers catering to the US Border Patrol wishes. I knew he would tell you what is the ticket today and not stale from 5/2002.

Before 9/11 the federal law enforcement training center listened so hard to them that a second training center was established in AZ.

Anyway, the maglite is a good choice but, I'd prefer to have a "backup" light source like a Surefire 6P
ImageImage
or a minimag handy