Rescue Tape

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Rescue Tape

Post by 04crewvt »

The company I work for has a special running on this stuff. Rescue Tape I have one roll in my tool box and one in my first aid kit. From our website Production Advantage Inc. with savings code of RESQ at checkout it's $7.99/roll.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Looks like good stuff.

What have you used it on?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

We just got it in before X-MAS we passed the samples around to play with, with one wrap stretched to double length it will stop a leak in a hose pretty fast. If you wrap with less stretch we put it around a finger to simulate a cut that needed bleeding stopped, it almost instantly stopped blood flow to the tip of the finger. Unlike electrical tape it won't melt in high temps and is not sticky, it sticks only to itself with no adhesive. A number of rolls are going to the companies owner who plans to use it on his boats. One of my co-workers gave a roll to a neighbor who used it to patch the wiring loom on his tractor.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Better than a roll of "Gorilla tape"?
Duct tape on steriods is the usual toolbox cure-all.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Very cool stuff, from my experience. Nothing really new about it though - My dad works/worked for the phone company, and I remember him having rolls of this stuff decades ago. Wonder if he can still put his hands on some rolls.

I've always borrowed his when I needed some - I've never thought to look for it in a store. Same with all the basic electrical tape, zip ties - he's always had boxes of industry-grade stuff laying around the house, or in his truck.

I'm serious, I remember playing with this stuff when I was less than 10 years old, that's over 22 years ago - is this stuff just now hitting the civilian market? Wow!
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

As with many products it started life as a military / industrial product and has finally gotten cheap enough to be a consumer product.
The big difference between any regular tape and this stuff is there is absolutely no adhesive, if you cut duct tape or gorilla tape off later you have to fight with the residue left behind, with this stuff you still have a clean surface underneath when you cut it off. Also it has a shelf life of better than 20 years.
As an insulator on tool handles it protects from 8000v per wrap when overlapped as required, try that with duct tape.
This does not replace duct tape, it has a different roll to fill in the toolbox, we have many varieties of tape at work each has it's place in the theater business.
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

That stuffs kinda cool... Gonna have to see if I can find me some locally, lol.

If not, then I'll probably be back here for a roll or two, depending on shipping :lol:
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

If you can't find it locally you would have to call us to order, our web site is not set up for international orders. We can ship it to you it's just to block the orders from places like China, Korea and other places that were tying up our inventory with fake orders we had to remove all international shipping locations. The suggested list on this stuff is $9.95-$12.95/roll right now with this sale it's cheaper than with my employee discount.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The promo code doesn't work now. Is there another one?
As it sits now I can buy it at NAPA cheaper.

During our trip to Moab, I saw that Jack had used this stuff as a cord relief. It works great. Nice how it remains flexible.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Give me the link for the cheaper price. I have been fighting to get the price lowered fro a while now and could use the ammo. Even my employee price is only 5% off the web price or I would hook you up.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I could not find it online. I bought it off the rack at my local NAPA. It is a 20' roll and comes in just over $0.82 per foot. Add to that no shipping and that is a pretty good difference.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

About the same price per foot but shipping is the bear. Most of our customers are buying more than one item so the shipping works out a lot better. A single item like that would be better shipped via postal service which we can do but it's a royal pain. We have to physically take it to the post office and the packages can't be tracked (Don't be fooled by the extra expense of tracking label). Any box less than 4x6 (standard UPS label size) stands a greater risk of lose or damage, I think the handling charge we have may soon go away. So we are working on it.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

04crewvt wrote: A single item like that would be better shipped via postal service which we can do but it's a royal pain. We have to physically take it to the post office and the packages can't be tracked (Don't be fooled by the extra expense of tracking label). Any box less than 4x6 (standard UPS label size) stands a greater risk of lose or damage, I think the handling charge we have may soon go away. So we are working on it.
Why don't you use click n ship on USPS.com? You can ship multiple packages and the mailman will pick them up at your house/business. I think you get a slight discount online too as compared to carry-in at the post office. BTW, I've always been able to track mailed items with tracking labels on them. I don't know why you aren't. I recently tracked a certified letter as an example. The records may not be as detailed as some other shippers but do show when received, attempted, delivered, returned, etc. Tracking also done from USPS.com for free.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

We are in an industrial area that does not have good delivery track record and much of what we sell is heavy/oversize. Instead of having to pick and choose what we can and can't ship we go with the big guys who give us much better rates and can track items mid stream, not just start and end points. We sell a lot of very fragile stuff and the big companies pay out fast, try to get money out of the post office if they lose something. Their software is not integrated into our shipping/ordering software so it takes 3 times as long to process an order and more steps to get the items out the door.
Many of our customers are transient IE: road tours that absolutely need to have stuff on a certain day or they will be gone.
Overall it comes down to money, it cost us too much in time and labor to use them.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

04crewvt wrote:We are in an industrial area that does not have good delivery track record and much of what we sell is heavy/oversize. Instead of having to pick and choose what we can and can't ship we go with the big guys who give us much better rates and can track items mid stream, not just start and end points. We sell a lot of very fragile stuff and the big companies pay out fast, try to get money out of the post office if they lose something. Their software is not integrated into our shipping/ordering software so it takes 3 times as long to process an order and more steps to get the items out the door.
Many of our customers are transient IE: road tours that absolutely need to have stuff on a certain day or they will be gone.
Overall it comes down to money, it cost us too much in time and labor to use them.
I understand. You have to go with what you are comfortable with and feel works for you. As far as the "big guys" go the Post Office is larger with more delivery and transit vehicles as well as employees than any of them you choose to pick. As to the software, if you were to contact the postal business office I'm sure they could set you up with compatible software and programs which would integrate with your systems. I doubt you'd have to pay for it either as they are always looking to pick up customers such as yourself. Again as I said you have to go with what makes you feel more comfortable.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Not trying to disparage the Postal Service they do a great job but they just don't play well with our business model and unfortunately our software package.