Rack Attack

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Rack Attack

Post by HenryJ »

Have to give two thumbs up for Rackattack.com :thumb:
Prices seem reasonable, shipping is very fast.
I ordered a rack for the wifes car yesterday afternoon. Within the hour I received a shipping confirmation. I received the rack 10:00 am today!

We spent the last week between Eugene and Portland. The lack of a cargo box was really missed.
First order of business upon our return was to get a rack coming so that we could use the trucks cargo box on the car.
It may look a little "different" to have huge HID lights on a Malibu Maxx, but we will have to additional cargo space to which we have become accustomed.
I will be able to toss the battery pack in the box and have the lights useable :D It is already wireless, so they will be good to go.
I ordered the Thule 400xtr Rapid Aero clamp on rack. The bars are similar in design to the Bravada bows. Eventually I can add wires for power from the car. For now it will be interesting to see just how well the battery pack works. It should be enough for four hours steady use before a recharge.

The Thule 400xtr Rapid Aero rack is beefy. If it was not so expensive and you really wanted a no drill installation, it would be a top notch solution. I really like the look of the Thule Pro Truck Mount Rack System. At nearly $500 is is a BIG investment.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK