UPDATED: Parts for sale, was: 2002 CREW CAB For parts

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

UPDATED: Parts for sale, was: 2002 CREW CAB For parts

Post by ApproachMedium »

So its come down to the point now, I must part out my crew and get rid of it due to the engines loss of compression, the frame being bent and the body damage. Its a 2002, with all factory options. Power leather heated seats which were just redone 6 months ago, locking differential with disc brakes etc. Truck has 237k on it, but has new transmission from 190k. Trans has been flushed and serviced about 10k ago.

There are many new parts that have been installed on the truck, including all of the parts for the 4x4 system, including the two front half shafts. Entire front axle was redone with new gaskets only a few months ago.

I have a complete after market sound system in there that can be had, two rear door speakers, two front speakers, Bazooka bass tube, and a pioneer HD radio receiver. All worth well over $500 I will sell for $450 or b/o

Set of 4 Skidz fender flares that I got from HenryJ back over the winter, with the templates and edge tape for the body.

Interior is the charcoal grey, both leather seats up front are full power, and fully working. Driver seat was just redone with new heated element, repaired vinyl side and works excellent. Interior is MINT with only minor wear and tear, other than the driver side door panel, all seats, surfaces, and panels are like brand new.

I will post photos if any interest is generated here, I am looking to get at least a thousand worth in parts to start going out of it before I do start taking it apart. All large parts must be picked up locally! (body panels, transmission, rear axle, engine etc.) Things like the half shafts, any switches connectors small parts, the skidz, can be shipped.
Last edited by ApproachMedium on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: 2002 CREW CAB For parts, everything must go. FULLY LOADE

Post by HenryJ »

Those Skidz Flares should be a hot item! It is indeed rare that a full set shows up for sale.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
14x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 14x4 »

Too bad you're so far away. I'd love to have those seats.
03 ZR5. 4-Linked Dana 44
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

What about a package deal ? How much for the whole truck ?
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Humm. Thats a tough question, the whole truck. The resale value as it is is not so high because of the mileage alone, not counting the damage. I just put a lot of money into it between having the front axle all redone, all new gaskets on the oil pan, new oil cooler lines etc to get rid of my oil leakage problems, along with all the other new items mentioned above. But I suppose if someone made me a good offer on it to cover some of my expenses that I have sunk into it and keep me from having to deal with pulling the whole thing apart, I am defiantly open to it.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/ ... rew%20Cab/

Here is a link to a photo album with some photos I just took of the truck, and a few old ones.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

Where did you get the leather seats?
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

The leather was factory, I had the driver side seats vinyl side repaired last october, along with the controls replaced and a new heating element installed, because the other one died. Both seats are full power with lumbar, heat and leather, along with the back seat which is matching leather too.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

If you part it out. I need the passenger side kick panel. The one on the floor by the door seal. I would also take the panels that hide the seat rails.
Do you have a Hitch?
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2
JORSWIFT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by JORSWIFT »

How much for the flares and what color are they?
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Sorry, no hitch.

The flares are the standard black. Looking for $500, thats what I paid for them and all they have done is sit in my closet all winter so they are brand new still.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

ApproachMedium wrote:................The flares are the standard black. Looking for $500, that's what I paid for them and all they have done is sit in my closet all winter so they are brand new still.
I'd be all over that price if, I needed the flares.

That makes mine, the last pair of new uninstalled SKIDZ flares in existence. I'm planning on keeping mine to repair trail damage down the road. :thumb:

BTW, that was a bump for you, Approach.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Well mine were never installed either. Two are under my couch and the other two are sitting next to it here in my room.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

ApproachMedium wrote: Interior is MINT with only minor wear and tear, other than the driver side door panel...
How bad is that panel? Might you have the power window/door lock switches intact? I haven't gotten into mine yet but there's definitely something amiss and I would be very happy to have a replacement standing by when I rip my original apart.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

The power window/door lock switches are functional, but a bit worn out. Some of them are loose etc. I may have to hold onto this truck for a little while longer though a few unfortunate events happened and I need to drive a slower vehicle for a while haha.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
gfernatt

Post by gfernatt »

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and you guys seem like a fine bunch of fellows.

Crew Elite - Do you still have the Skidz Flares?

Just traded my '03 Kawasaki meanstreak for an '01 Crew Cab and love this truck. Planning the buildup for this truck and these flares seem pretty hard to come by. Very interested. PM or Email me, Thanks for having so much info on this truck (this forum makes planning a build much easier.)

2009 Hummer H3T Alpha
2007 Jeep Commander Overland
2001 Chevrolet S10 Crew Cab LS
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

ApproachMedium wrote: The power window/door lock switches are functional, but a bit worn out. Some of them are loose etc. I may have to hold onto this truck for a little while longer though a few unfortunate events happened and I need to drive a slower vehicle for a while haha.
I'm not in any hurry. I've got plenty of other projects going on at the moment. Just keep me in mind before you toss anything in the trash. I suspect we may be close enough to make shipping really cheap.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Sounds good to me! If you live in NJ chances are I can always meet you someplace. And nothing on the truck will be thrown out untill its given careful consideration of selling it haha.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

I was wondering what kind of wheels you have on the truck, and are you selling the taillights?
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Wheels are Ion Alloys. 15x8. The ones you see in the photos. I dont recall what the offset is at the moment, but they stick out further than stock. Great if you have a truck thats lifted and/or has the Skidz fares. I would sell the wheels and tires right now if you want them haha. I want to put the stock wheels back on. And yes, if I do get rid of the whole truck taillights will go for sale also.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Did you PM the guy who asked about the flares?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Yes sir, I did. Got a reply too! :)
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I don't want to sound like a vulture here but, I could sure use the driver's side mirror too
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

barch97 wrote:
ApproachMedium wrote: Interior is MINT with only minor wear and tear, other than the driver side door panel...
How bad is that panel? Might you have the power window/door lock switches intact? I haven't gotten into mine yet but there's definitely something amiss and I would be very happy to have a replacement standing by when I rip my original apart.
Turns out my window/locks/mirror switch panel is working just fine. It's the electric motor that raises and lowers my drivers side window that needs replacing.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

OK going to be changing the status of this thread, once I can figure out how. I am no longer going to be selling the truck for parts but I may have some compoents on it that I want to swap out and sell. For first and foremost, will be the wheels and tires as they are too wide. I want to try and get something thats the stock size/stock wheel if anyone is looking to trade!

Flares are sold.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
mdeone

Re: UPDATED: Parts for sale, was: 2002 CREW CAB For parts

Post by mdeone »

So does that mean your not selling the seats? Bummer thats what i'm looking for. If anybody is selling power seats in the Mass area. please let me know. Thanks
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

ApproachMedium wrote:For first and foremost, will be the wheels and tires as they are too wide. I want to try and get something thats the stock size/stock wheel if anyone is looking to trade!
I've got a set of four stock rims & tires with less than 10k miles on them and the full size spare from an '01 blazer in my garage that I keep for inspection purposes. I really only NEED one wheel/tire to pass but the blazer spare is different tire size than my CC.

If you're able to sell your wheels/tires, I'd be willing to part with full set of four stock wheels/tires for the cost of replacing the tire on the spare with one that matches my CC.

Lemme know if any of this helps.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Humm this could help. Can you send me a photo of the wheel that you have? I havent posted mine on craigslist yet. If your in NJ like your profile says you dont need that one tire anymore, they only do emissions inspections so it doesnt get looked at.

Incase anyone is interested I also have a full function delay wiper cruise control stalk that needs to get sold too. It was a working pull, i thought it was my headlight problem but it wasnt.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

They're the same wheels as in the photo below. This is however a pic I found on web. NOT my actual wheels.

*Edit: And the tires are Yokohama Geolandar HTs. I'll get you an actual pic when I get home tonight if you're still interested.

I was quite relieved when I learned of the new emissions only policy but, I'm not taking any chances with DMV changing the rules for inspection again in the future. I currently have more wheels than I need but I'd hate to be in a spot where I need to buy a wheel to pass inspection.

It occurred to me later last night that all I really need to have is a pair of wheels for the front axle that are both the same size. I've got my CC spare and a blazer spare that are similar but not exactly the same one is a 235/70/15 and the other a 235/75/15. If you or anyone else for that matter has a full size spare with a tire of either size willing to trade for the other size, I'd be all set for inspection and I'd have a full set of four matching rims and tires available for sale.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

If that spare fits into my crew then I think we can definatly make a trade that would have us both happy. Where in NJ are you located? I am not home right now to look at the trucks current spare but I will check when I have time.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I'm in Forked River. Don't rush on my account. I've gotten kind of used to the stack of wheels/tires in my garage.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

LOL Forked river isnt too far away. I just moved from Brielle and I am in Aberdeen now. Im going to try and list my wheels tonight and get rid of them soon. I wanna get this thing aligned correctly among other things.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Take your time. like I said, I'm in no rush. Let me know when you're ready and we'll work out the details. In the mean time good luck with the sale.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Just listed them the other day on CL and so far got one person who wants to trade a set of the pre 94 4x4 S10 wheels (the old 5 spoke) with me from his 96 blazer with good tires etc. I dont particularity care for that style however, so maybe we can do a trade for a trade? Id much rather have the style that you have over this type.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I'm really not interested in another set of wheels. I just want to get rid of the set I've got and end up with a pair of wheels I can throw on for inspection without spending any money. If you've got a spare to trade that'll match one of mine, you can have the four rims and tires for whatever it costs you to come swap 'em.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Sounds good to me. Ill let you know what I end up with, and id be glad to give you a wheel or two with a correct tire for your inspection purposes.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Ended up trading with a guy from Barengate for a set of stock 4x4 crew wheels with michelins on them. Sorry I couldnt help you out there.

I think I am done with this thread I am going to make a list of any other spare parts I have to sell and make a new thread for that.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

No problem at all. Thanks for considering my offer. Maybe now that it's fresh in my mind, I oughta start my own thread & see if I can't get rid of these wheels :idea:
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

List them on Craigslist, they will go in no time trust me.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

still have the flares for sale?
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

No sorry, they are long gone. Thats just about the only thing I was able to get rid of. :(
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

no worries. i kno they sell fast. just thought id double check
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Not a problem!
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ