Good Buy?

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

Nackles

Good Buy?

Post by Nackles »

I am in the market for a used truck. I have been flip flopping between a extended cab truck (silverado, f150, sierra) and a crew cab midsize (colorado, canyon, tacoma). My price range is 10 to 15,000 and I love the car I am trading in, so I am scared I will end up with something I don't like. After work I saw this:

2003 S-10 zr5 (what is the difference from a zr2?)
98,000 miles
1 previous owner, very clean
new tires
$11,000

what do you guys think?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Good Buy?

Post by HenryJ »

ZR5 is just an appearance package. Bars, flares and wheels. Nothing like the ZR2 offroad package.

What do you plan to do with it? You know the mileage will be around 15 mpg, right?

Even at VERY clean that is over priced by at least $3k
I wouldn't give them more than $8k

Lots of things to check like ball joints, wheel bearings, axle vent relocate, intake gaskets, Dex-crud, transfercase switch leak, stuck slide pins, idler arm and pitman, bed crossmember and filler tube rust, the list goes on....

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Nackles

Post by Nackles »

Thanks for the info. After looking around on the internet, I started to realize it was over priced. I am new to the truck world so everything seems overpriced hahaha. I didn't realize the zr5 was just an appearance package. The dude at the lot said that it was an upgrade from zr2 HA! I didn't know because I had never heard of zr5, but had seen a zr2 a long time ago.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Nackles wrote:$11,000
Insultingly over-priced. Run away and never return to this dealer for any reason.
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Not looking to sell mine but for that kind of money I sure would! Run, run, run!!!
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Good Buy?

Post by F9K9 »

Just researched my truck''s value with less than 50k miles. I'd deliver mine to you for that price IF, I was selling b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]