Stock Radio

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Stock Radio

Post by MinnesotaMudder »

Can any one tell me where i can find a new stock radio for a 04 cc ZR5 or maybe parts for one. My radio station numbers 3 and 4 have broke most of the way off. I am trying to stay away from ebay for the fact that i have a hard time trusting electrical equipment from them.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Stock Radio

Post by rlrnr53 »

Try www.mnrelectronics.com or www.hifisoundconnection.com I've seen a few Delco radios on both.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

I may have one that you can have as long as you promise me ill never see it again. These are the NON RDS versions, with single disc and aux for tape deck etc. One of them though some of the bulbs burned out but it works fine.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

how many do you have? and what is NON RDS? If you have one that matches mine and everything works i might take it.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Take a picture of the one you have and send it to me. the RDS versions came in trucks after 2002/03 usually models featuring onstar if i recall correctly. The difference is the plugs on the back are totally different.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

Do you need a picture of the back or can you tell by looking at the front of it? i just need know if i have to take it out. I will send pics tomorrow.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

If you can get me both front and back that would be the best. The rear is the most important.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
MinnesotaMudder
Crew
Crew

well it might take me a couple of day to take pictures the truck is in the shop for some repairs. i still have to figure out how to take it out also.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Very simple. There is one screw under the visor of your gauge cluser, take that out. Then go and take out the two top screws on the lower panel under the colum out. Pull it down some so you can see the other two that hold the dash panel on, if yours has these two. Mine did not exist but the blazer I am working on for a friend has them. Once you get this far the rest of the panel comes off quickly. Lower your column tilt all the way, and then put the key in and drop the shifter to 1st. Of course do this with the wheels chocked/parking brake applied. Then start pulling on the dash panel corners it should pop right off. Use a small flat head screwdriver to release the power connections from your head light switch, 4x4 switch and the dummy panel for the rear wiper/hatch release.

The radio should now come out using two or three screws. When you receive a replacement unit you may need to go thru unlocking the radio using the theftlock recovery mode to get the unlock code out of the radio.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ