animal 4x4 bumper3

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

animal 4x4 bumper3

Post by mud monkey1 »

similar style to animal 4x4 bumper3. winch style do it yourself kit isnt ready yet. i will trade the precut metal pieces. the bumper is my design. any intrest.
Last edited by mud monkey1 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
northsnoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: animal bumper 3 for sale

Post by northsnoma »

Where are you located? Pictures? Price?
2002 Sonoma Crew
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Post by mud monkey1 »

how do i post pics of my animal 4x4 bumper.it says file is too big and its only 1 pic
northsnoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by northsnoma »

Do you have a photobucket or smugmug account?
2002 Sonoma Crew
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Re: animal 4x4 bumper 3 for sale

Post by mud monkey1 »

the bumper looks very close to animal 4x4 bumper2 winch style new gen.looks awsome.it will fit all s10 and zr2.it weighs 50lbs assembled.possible trade for fender flares.it is made out of OEM gage metal and is very strong.i sent pics to s10 fourm.red 2003 s10 crew cab.user name mud monkey.how do i post a pic if the pics are too big
Last edited by mud monkey1 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Post by mud monkey1 »

im trying to get it on photo bucket
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: animal 4x4 bumper3 for sale

Post by paintballrocker »

How much you want? Ill pay it plus shipping. just let me know. also pm'd you
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Post by mud monkey1 »

what kind of truck do u have.do u have a body lift.are you a novice welder.do you have zr5 fender flares.i could possibly trade the bumper for zr5 fender flares.the do it yourself kit is made to use with a 2in bl.it should fit all new gen s10 and zr2.on a truck with a 2in bl the tow hooks can still be used if the hooks are flipped upside down and reversed from the curb side to the road side. a 2in solid metal drop spacer is used between the truck frame and the hook.a truck without a bl, and if you would want to use the tow hooks it would require more than a 2in drop spacer or trim 1-2in off the bottom of the bumper and taper trim up the sides of the bumper after assembly.the amount of trimming depends on the clearence you choose to have between the bottom of the bumper and the tow hooks.the bumper weighs 50lbs assembled.it is made out of OE bumper metal thickness and it is strong.any unlikely damage that the bumper may receive can easily be repaired by replacing individual panels.the bumper isnt winch compatble yet, but i can build it winch compatable with a possible extra cost, soon.do u need a winch bumper.i found it unnessary.it adds a lot of weight and unwanted stress on the frontend.frontend weight is an important issue with a lifted s10.my bumpers benefit is its weight.other styles of bumpers will weigh 50-100lbs more.a winch weighs close to 100lbs.other bumpers and winch combinations can weigh 240lbs.you will lose 2-3mpg due to the added weight.for bumpers that are made to be compatible with a winch.when assembling a winch box u will need to arc weld the box to insure proper weld penetration and for your own safety as well as others.the rest of the bumper can be mig welded.this bumper protrudes 4.5 to 5in out from the center of the grill.other styles of bumper stick out 7in or more and dont suit the s10 body style.they just look wrong.the stock bumper protrudes out 3.5in and is 11.5in high.the height of my bumper is 12in.close to stock bumper height.holes for offroad lights wont be drilled due to your personal prefrence of style and location of the lights.to get the correct bumper geomertry the six body mount holes wont be drilled.the holes wont be drilled due to the variances when the truck was built and the possible abuse the truck has received.this will be up to you.the kit is easy to assemble,but you will need some welding and fabricating skills.i will have to purchase the metal in large quanties due to cost savings over buying the metal in a small amount.after the purchase of a plasma cutter the kit will cost around 400 or possibly more.i will give u detalied instructions with the kit.i built the bumper after reading on a few forums and hearing about a couple of different people that have ordered bumpers and did not received them after a year.even these peoples phone calls were ignored.pics are on - s10 forum - animal 4x4 bumper3 - user name mud monkey -red 03 s10 crew cab
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

So to get this right...you do not currently have a kit in your possession for sale?
You are looking for interest and will set a price after purchasing the steel and tools to make a kit?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Post by mud monkey1 »

im looking for wheel flares from a zr5 and cc step bars in like new condition.i can produce the kit in 1 week.winch kit would take 2 - 3.i would have to buy a 10000lb winch and a lot different metals.i am paying for a paint job on the truck and power coat on my custom harley davison skid plate. but i think my credit card would go up in smoke.its allready burnt my ass.to break even i would have to sell some
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Post by mud monkey1 »

also i need to buy a plasma cutter.i will commit to selling the kit if there is solid intrest.
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Post by mud monkey1 »

if u can trade through someone for flares i will trade with you.i would like the measurements of zr5 flares.ive never seen them up close
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

i thought you had an origional animal 4x4 bumper kit. not a kit you think you can piece together and sell yourself. and i cant not find you or your myster thread on s10furom. so couold you post a link?
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Jongo88 »

X2.. I looked and looked...
2002 GMC Sonoma crew cab 4x4. Tb mod, Air box mod, pre cat delete,B&M shift improver, Trans cooler, Big three ,AD-244 alt,Red top Optima, e-fan, HD Radaitor,265/70-16' on 16x8 TA wheels,, t-bar tweek, 1.5 inch shackles and 2 inch body lift,Skids fender trim, 1.5 inch wheel spacers in front and 2.5 in back, Quad mod and Frog lights.
Transfercase vacuum switch change DO IT!!!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

User does not exist on S-10Forum.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I can't find anything either! Your going to have a hard time selling a bumper kit that you do not have the tools to make it or the necessary materials, plus you have no pictures, blueprints, or links to prove that this bumper even exists. Have you ever made one of these bumpers?

Steve
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I was going to go into all the copyright infringement issues, but to the best of my knowledge the plans for the Animal bumpers were purchased and out there somewhere. Maybe that was rumor. I am not sure that they were ever officially protected. There have been a few similar bumpers made in the past.
I think there is a Blazer in the readers rides thread with an Animal Bumper.
It almost seems a little shady to be calling yours an Animal Bumper, when it is your own design? Maybe better to come up with your own trademark?
Offering a kit is a nice idea, however I think in this case the cart is a little ahead of the horse. Price needs to be set. A finished product presented and some idea of the production time and costs for assembly. I know there is some interest. There always has been.

Keep in mind that there are differences in the frame between the ZR2 and Non-ZR2. Use the GM upfitters manual to determine the differences. I really think at least one prototype for each would need to be completed before a kit could be produced. All this talk of not drilling holes and such is BS. Do it right and it will bolt on with minimal "fitting". Companies do it all the time.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Post by mud monkey1 »

go to garage then gallery..second page..you could see more pics on the weekend..it is bad weather here
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1311, well now that he added a place to look. turns out there are pics, http://www.s10forum.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1311. As good as it looks i still am doubtful of his bumper idea
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Post by mud monkey1 »

why is that.explain please
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

just your idea sounds shady. but if you did make that bumper it looks great. How bout i save you the hassle of buying everything and you just sell me the plans for it
mud monkey1
Regular
Regular

Post by mud monkey1 »

in response to what you were saying about not drilling holes.i dont have a jig set up to weld bumpers.i could tool one together but that would mean i would be going into mass production.this is very time consuming and also i would be welding them myself.the volume of reproductions requests just isnt there for this bumper.im a welder and if i was to produce a bumper completed it would cost the receiver of the bumper more money.it would weigh more,due to the added weight of the welds,costs of shipping a large package,cost of tooling up a jig,my time invested. again more cost.if it wasnt perfect there would be a complaint. i cant produce bumpers without fitting problems.many people who have received custom auto body parts have experenced these problems.if there was fitting problems they can be corrected in the first steps of assembly.if the kit isnt tacked together the same as i have tacked it,even out by a small amount,the holes wont line up correctly.the heat has to be spread evenly to keep the metal as cool as possible.i can drill the holes if asked.the end result is the holes might have to be elongated to get a correct fit if there was problem.thats all.but pre drilled holes can be more convenient.i think its a good clean trade.this is the 2nd shadow bumper i have made.1st was a copy of an animal1 and animal2 combined.scraped the copy of the orginal styles combined together.i reused the metal for my own design.i didnt want to copy someone elses designs.even if i tacked another bumper up to fit a zr2 there is an investment on my part.what do i do with it.i am not looking to get rich from the bumper.im not a gambler..im not taking the odds.im not able to sell them at much less at the moment.i would like to but i would have to sell a few to break even.if i sold more the price could possibly go down more.for whoever receives the kit, i will give the trade back if your not satisfed as long you dont go behond the step of tacking it.a name change sounds like a good ida.what about phantom animal 4x4 bumper3 shadow.i chose the name because i have a passion for the truck.the name i chose was to show my simulation in the design of the orginal.not a duplicate.but a passion for a classic.i wouldnt plagerize someone elses plans.thanks for the interest.still looking for fender flares.if circumstances change and and i get a plasma cutter i will keep u posted.im glad you all enjoy the same passion.havent been much of a mud monkey for a while, except the the nite on the dirt bike track.it took 3 tractors to pull me out, 2 got stuck,4 came alltogether. the 4th of tractor chugged away.he clamed he drank to much to drive.a huge caterpiller trax pulled me and 1 other tractor out.i will try to get the pics someone.if intrested.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: animal 4x4 bumper3

Post by HenryJ »

ok edited the first post to reflect that there is not a kit for sale at this time.if at some time you decide to put together a kit.have pictures and are able to post them we can revive this thread with those.animal4x4 was the members name who built the bumper.id suggest you find your own and not try to ride the coat tales of another.id also maybe keep it to yourself that you used his in designing yours as that means he may be due compensation.it really would be helpful and much more professional to type your posts with some punctuation,spacing,capitalization and paragraphs.blending the post into one long paragraph makes it very hard to read.i would say you are young and learning.dont be discouraged.take the chance if it comes your way.learn from what others have done and best wishes with your future endeavors.

- ThunderII KE7CSK