WTB Bed PLEASE HELP

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

right2keep

WTB Bed PLEASE HELP

Post by right2keep »

I have an 03 zr5 I just purchased. Living in PA the salt is a killer. Just swapped out new front fenders and a full pass side rocker and cab corned. The bedsides on this truck are SHOT! I figure the best fix is a new bed. Slight damage ect is fine as long as its solid. I'd rather pick out dents than try to fix all this cancer. Please email or call me 724-775-2279
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: WTB Bed PLEASE HELP

Post by HenryJ »

Have you checked http://car-part.com/

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: WTB Bed PLEASE HELP

Post by ApproachMedium »

Good luck finding one cheap. In good shape they are $1,500. Most junk yards, even harrys U pull it where regular beds are $50, will charge out the bazonga for crew beds because they are so far and few between. I paid about $600 to have mine painted after I picked it up from a guy who had it laying in his backyard, paid $750 for the bed itself.

Is the bed floor, back wall and whatnot OK? Some junkyards I have seen sell just the sides very cheap. You could have a good body shop cut your old sides off and weld new ones on and paint. Your post came a little late for me though, I had my old bed which was very dinged up but not rotted on here for next to nothing. The scrapyard gave me $16 for it, I would have held on to it if I had a place to keep it but I did not.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ