WTB: OEM Rear Flares

The Swap Meet - Buy , Sell ,Wanted ,Trade ,Ebay ,etc.

Moderator: F9K9

SonomaGTLS6

WTB: OEM Rear Flares

Post by SonomaGTLS6 »

Hey all, looking for a set of rear fender flares off the non ZR5 crew cab. Located in Michigan. Thank you!
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: WTB: OEM Rear Flares

Post by Horsehammerr »

LMC.com
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
SonomaGTLS6

Post by SonomaGTLS6 »

All I see there are the xtreme and ZR2 flares. I've seen a few modded crew cabs on the net so I am surprised the OEM flares are hard to come by! Does anyone know the GM part number?
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

I'll have to check if there still there but there's a crew at my local pic n pull it's tan in color. If you'd pay for them and pay shipping plus a little cash for my work. I'll send them to you.
But I can't guarantee they're still there
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Never mind sorry they are gone
SonomaGTLS6

Post by SonomaGTLS6 »

Thanks for looking man.
LoneWolf04
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by LoneWolf04 »

Good luck getting flares from GM. They are still an active number in there system but I have been waiting for 9 months for set to show up. They're coming out of mexico, can't remember the supplier off hand. My mounting brackets ended up rotting apart and the only way you can get them is on the flares. That is why I'm in search of them.
SonomaGTLS6

Post by SonomaGTLS6 »

What are the GM part numbers?
oldeerslayer

Post by oldeerslayer »

I've got the same problem. My truck is rust free and originally for FL, but every single one of the rear flare metal mounts have completely rotted away. The Mexican tin they used must just absorb salt. Tomorrow I'm going to try fabbing one out of either angle iron or heavy gauge sheet metal. I have a pile of scraps that must be 1/16 think and very stiff. Been sitting outside for ten years and only has surface rust. Stainless would be great. May have to make a trip to the local scrap yard to try snagging a piece, like an old restaurant counter top or maybe cut up an old kitchen sink. Going to stop at Menards to look for some 1/2 or 3/4" closed cell foam weather stripping for them.
Just too cheap to buy new flares at LMC prices when all I need are the riveted on metal brackets.
Might just try to find 10 - 5/16 plugs. I'd rather work on getting the L31 with TPI injection in it than mess with this stuff.
Ordered these. Will use them temporarily until I make my brackets. Unless I like it without the flares.
http://fastenerclub.com/index.php?route ... ct_id=2133
The 10 I need and 40 spares should one fall out, for $11.11 w/shipping.
If anyone comments on the black plastic circles on my rear wheel wells I'll just say they are parking sensors. Won't look any worse than some of the ones I've seen on upscale car rear bumpers. Cadillac ones in particular are butt ugly.

Found the part numbers and prices for OEM non ZR5 flares from a GM dealer.
:yikes:
These are sale prices, aprox $150 off list price.
FLARE, LEFT - 2002 Chevrolet S10 (15761284) Sale Price: $359.56
FLARE, RIGHT - 2002 Chevrolet S10 (15761285) Sale Price: $332.72
Part Notes: W/CREW CAB, BOX SIDE, W/O ZR5
http://www.gmoutletparts.com/
By the time you ad shipping that would be over 1/4 of what I paid for the whole truck.

:surrender:
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Where are you located? There's a s10 crew on craigslist near me being parted out but i don't know if your in ohio
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Old deer Slayer how did your flares turn out? Can you post some pictures my inner metal clips are rusting off and I'm going to have to fix it soon.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

I have the same problem, but nothing to mount the clips to. I got a fiberglass repair kit and used the fiberglass mat to reattach the flares to the bed. My body work isn't the greatest, but at least the flares don't wave at you going down the road.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
Built2Bend
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Built2Bend »

Do you have any pics? Idk what the clips look like yet my flares are just starting to come loose every now and then. (So far I just push them back in and they'll stay like that for a couple months then start to separate from the body Agean. I want to try and have stainless steel clips like deere layer mentioned but idk that the clips look like yet