Window motor

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Window motor

Post by kwalsh »

My driver side window has started to hesitate on its up & down travel.
At first I thought the switch is going, but I think it's the motor due to the
hesitation in travel. :?:

I'm bringing it in & having the warranty do its stuff.
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

my passenger window since i have had it...it doesnt like to stay on track when rolling it up to the top. esp if its the last window up. i usually have to roll the other windows down and then roll it up then roll the others up[/quote]
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

a2b wrote:i usually have to roll the other windows down and then roll it up then roll the others up
[/quote]

:?: :?: :?: :lol:
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

My front Passenger window sometimes won't roll all the way up if I'm driving on the interstate at above 50 mph, and all the other windows are rolled up --- I dunno if it's a pressure + wind resistance thing or something. Or sometimes it'l roll up but pop really lound like you just shut the lid on an ice chest.

Freaky huh?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
MikeyZR5

Post by MikeyZR5 »

yall are not the only ones, I have that same problem when I am moving too...and it is only the passenger's side...
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

before the window motor died I had the same problem with the
window not going all the way up. Once it happened on the interstate,
in the rain. :x
A few times it made that 'pop' too.
Tomorrow the dealer will replace the motor.
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

are you the nimrod that's in front of... oh wait... different problem :lol:
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

adrenalnjunky wrote:My front Passenger window sometimes won't roll all the way up if I'm driving on the interstate at above 50 mph, and all the other windows are rolled up --- I dunno if it's a pressure + wind resistance thing or something. Or sometimes it'l roll up but pop really lound like you just shut the lid on an ice chest.

Freaky huh?
Happened to me, too. Which ever window is last to roll up at highway speeds, won't. I think it is the physics law: Bernoulli's Principle. As speed increases, lift increases. It's how planes fly, how a tornado rips the roof off your house, why the shower curtain "wants" to stick to your leg in the shower, and, I guess, why our windows won't roll up at higher speeds (As the speed of the air going around the side of the truck increases, the speed of air leaving the truck through the open window (the lift) increases, too, overpowering our window motors). :D
Sorry, too much coffee. :shock:
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

wow, yall all have the same problem...POP...it scares the passengers
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

My driver's side been making a loud pop when when it get's to the top the past month. Strange. As long as it works though. :?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

got my truck back from the dealer. the motor was bad. they replaced it.
In the process of changing the motor they managed to get some sort of
clear substance on the window. When I cleaned the interior of the window the paper towel I used got ripped up and there were pieces of it left on the window. I can feel speckles across the window. :x
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

sounds like they replaced the whole mechanism.

In most vehicles the window is riding in a little groove and held in by epoxy or silicone sealant.

Sounds like yours was still curing when it got on your glass.

if that stuff has hardened, make sure that there isn't any on the felts that push up against the glass -- if you have tinted windows it will scratch your tint all up.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
Nate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Nate »

adrenalnjunky wrote:mechanism.
window regulator :wink:

Dang, you tell im bored. Im digging up month old threads
"Oh!, you dont like your job? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYONE"
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Hey, my window quit popping. :) Maybe had some'm to do with that mud hole. :lol:
jeremy
Regular
Regular

Post by jeremy »

my window doesn't like go up all the way when im going down the interstate either, the faster moving air outside of a the truck createss a lower pressure on the inside of the cab, intern sucking the window in pulling it off the track not letting it go up all the way, :wink: its anoyng. my motor died on me a couple of months ago and the guy who replaced said he gets a lot of broken windows with the same motor. i guess the motor is crappy, hopfully mine wont go out agian :shock: ive had enough little parts brake on my truck sience i got it. :lol: