overhead console

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

overhead console

Post by border man »

hello all, i'm new to the forum. i seem to have a very rare 2000 gmc crew, which no one seems to have parts for. anyways mine doesnt have the overhead console, just wondering if any one had a part no. or know where i can get one.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

ya i bet you have a conversion, thats all. we have another member that has one too. thats why you dont have the overhead console. they only had them in blazers until the crew came out in 2001. i dont know the part number but welcome to the site!!!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Welcome!
You can get a console off ebay, or check local salvage yards. I paid $25 for one from a 4 door Blazer.. In good shape, everything there (doors,lights,temp,compass). A friend of mine put it in his '96 excab.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

conversion??????????
do you mean gmc didn't actually make it???
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

jalvar3667 wrote:conversion??????????
yep :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

jalvar3667 wrote:conversion??????????
Not 100% sure of the accuracy but from what I gather:

"true" US spec GM built s10/Sonoma Crews were only available as 2001 and up.

s10 Crews have been built in South America since the late 90s.

Atleast one(maybe 2?) aftermarket conversion company took the same parts from the South America and imported them to the US for converting Extended cab s10s(As far as I'm aware, the crew rides on the exact chassis as the extended cab). The ext. cab part is cut-out and body parts from GM South America are used to make the rear part of the Crew. The only different that might be different from a GM made Crew is that it appeared the conversion companys only cut and shortened the 6foot regular size bed to become a shorty crew bed(this is noticed as the rear of the GM factory crew has a bulge in the bed sides and the conversion follows the no bulge like the rest of the s10 line).

I've seen these converted S10 Crews and they look factory. I saw them at a chevy dealer in Mass. back in 99. MSRP on a converted crew was pricey as IIRC, it was around 30k and that was only cloth seats.

Even though it was a conversion, the GM regular warranty applied to it as it was an approved conversion(similar to how conversion vans warranty's work).

That's all I know as I have not seen a converted crew since 99. There is another Crew member here who has a "converted" crew.

Cheers,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

wow, i would never had known. so does this mean that lift kit for an ext. should fit? this forum is very informative, glad to join.
by the way, the local tire store quoted me 2200 for a 6in lift labor and all parts and shocks included. does this seem to be a good deal. the store as far as i know is reputable, they lifted my friends 2500 hd.
:shock: