Had to replace the heater control today

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

ludwis
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Had to replace the heater control today

Post by ludwis »

I have an 03 crew with about 10000 miles on it. Last week I heard a hissing sound coming from the heater control area. You know the sound it makes when your changing the settings (windshield, vents, floor, etc..) Well, it was making that sound continusously. After watching the dealer take apart my entire dashboard they determined that all of the vacuum lines were ok the leak was in the actual control it self.

They also said they had to replace some kind of electric motor that helps open/close doors ( I thought they were all vacuum driven) It was all under warranty though.

Keep your ears open for this one, I haven't read of anyone else having this problem yet.

Steve
2003 S10 Crew 4x4
Mods: 1.5" Front Spacers - GM Valley Hitch - WeatherTech WeatherFlectors - Bilstein Shocks - Boise Spring works 2" rear spring kit - Truxedo Toneau Cover - PopLock tailgate lock - Hypertech Tuning - SKIDS Flares - 2" Body Lift - ZR2 Axle upgrade
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Had to replace the heater control today

Post by Conman »

ludwis wrote:I have an 03 crew with about 10000 miles on it. Last week I heard a hissing sound coming from the heater control area. You know the sound it makes when your changing the settings (windshield, vents, floor, etc..) Well, it was making that sound continusously. After watching the dealer take apart my entire dashboard they determined that all of the vacuum lines were ok the leak was in the actual control it self.

They also said they had to replace some kind of electric motor that helps open/close doors ( I thought they were all vacuum driven) It was all under warranty though.

Keep your ears open for this one, I haven't read of anyone else having this problem yet.

Steve
Same thing happened to me last winter. By the time I wanted to take it in, it was fine. It's getting real cold here again so I expect to have the same problem again. I'll take it in and note your post on what was done.

Thanks for the info.

Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
ZoSo

Post by ZoSo »

I read this problem the other day
and damn :twisted: mine started hissing
I'm a hyper"car"dreact
everything I read.... my truck gets :idea:
I"m going to the modified forum :o
Black S-10 Crew-Cab 2002

heated leather seats
jeggers
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by jeggers »

hey the wifes 02 blazer same thing started yesterday.(26000miles) :x :twisted: :!: :evil: :yikes: :alert: :crazy: :!:
2001 cc 2" pa body lift traded
2004 cc zr5 2" pa body lift 6" super lift 2" rear shackle and tb crank traded for a v-max Silverado
2006 V-max cc
2001 ex cab 4x4 ls work truck rufff country 2" lift sold
2012 silverado WT 2wd