Interior lights- door panel switches

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Jeff
Crew
Crew

Interior lights- door panel switches

Post by Jeff »

Are you telling us that the switches on our doors are supposed to be illuminated? :?

Split the topic-HJ
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Mine are -- I think---hmmm

Maybe just the switch to child-lock the rear windows and my power mirrowrs.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Jeff wrote:Are you telling us that the switches on our doors are supposed to be illuminated? :?
I assume they are. The power window switch on the passenger side is illuminated....so are the power lock and mirror ones. I figured the driver side was supposed to be too? Maybe not...
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

I dont think any of mine are
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

my heated seat light is out on my truck as well. It stopped working on my driver's seat then started working again...... :?:
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Jeff wrote:Are you telling us that the switches on our doors are supposed to be illuminated? :?
Mine are.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

Well I checked last night, my door pannel switches are not illuminated, and dont look as if they were designed to be. of the people that are sure theirs do, what year and model are your trucks? I am trying to figure out why I got ripped on this option, it sure would come in handy at times.
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

2003- mine light up (not my CV Boots, though that's what this threads about.... :D )
2003 S-10 Crew Cab - Indigo Blue Metallic
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
kwalsh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by kwalsh »

NTXCrew wrote:2003- mine light up (not my CV Boots, though that's what this threads about.... :D )
mine light up too
[size=75]"Pain = weakness leaving the body."[/size]
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

Now our forum's too organized..... :lol:
Flowmaster 40 w/ turndown, Chopped Airbox, APC clear corners, Trenz billet bowtie, Shaved badges, Sylvania Silverstars, Xenon fogs
-Jim
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

NTXCrew wrote:Now our forum's too organized..... :lol:
It makes it much easier to find new information when the topic title describes the content.
I'm as bad as the next person for going off topic. It is really hard to remember to start a new topic when you see a change in the thread.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Jeff
Crew
Crew

Post by Jeff »

I wonder if it's an 03 thing?
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Illuminated on my 2000 blazer LS
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
smokinjoe
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by smokinjoe »

only my front door switch,the rear window switches do not light up
"Aim towards the Enemy." -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I checked mine last night, and the switches on both doors do light up.
Dragonmaster
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Dragonmaster »

power options, that would be nice, I'm pretty sure my window crank and lock don't light up, guess I should have sprung for the power group of options :(
[size=75]1 of 6 Wheatland Yellow Sonoma's in Canada

[url=http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290324509]Truck Pics[/url][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

I'm sure APC makes something for manual windows and locks that has a LED in it--everything else they make does. :lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

anyone notice how the switches are loose in the housing. hit a bump and listen to them rattle. It bugs me to the point where i just may take them apart one day and stick some black weather insulation between the switches and the housing...anyone else hear this or am i just hearing things :?:
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
duce
Crew
Crew

Post by duce »

well booth driver and passenger side are lit up and I have the 03 crew.and since we are on this topic has anyone change the lights to a different color I saw a crew with green gage cluster lights and also the door switches were also illuminated in green.I would like to change all the inter lights to a different color but not sure how???
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

'02 Sonoma and all switches(windows, locks, mirrors) on both front doors are illuminated. Rear doors are not.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

duce wrote:well booth driver and passenger side are lit up and I have the 03 crew.and since we are on this topic has anyone change the lights to a different color I saw a crew with green gage cluster lights and also the door switches were also illuminated in green.I would like to change all the inter lights to a different color but not sure how???
I changed my gauge cluster bulbs to red. It was a PITA. I got red colored bulbs, and thought that all I'd have to do was pop out the clear bulbs and replce them. But it wasn't that easy since the clear bulbs don't just pop out. I had to break each individual bulb...but still make sure that the wires to power the bulb remained intact. It took me all morning, but everything did work. Since I've done it, I've had to bulbs that worked loose slightly and lost contact with the wires in the base, but it was a fairly easy fix. It just sucks to have to pull apart the whole gauge cluster. I've gotten really good at it though...can tear it down and put it back together in about 10-15 minutes. :)

I would like to change the rest of the HVAC controls and switches to red, but I can't find those tiny little bulbs in anything but clear...and the bulb paint that some people use fades...which means pink lights. :!:
[size=75]Mark
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

Might try hunting around junkyards for Pontiacs -- sunfires and grand ams and grand prix's -- most of them use a red dash layout--they might have the bulbs you are wanting.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

AZS10Crew wrote:...which means pink lights. :!:
Would match your rims pretty well though ..........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

adrenalnjunky wrote:Might try hunting around junkyards for Pontiacs -- sunfires and grand ams and grand prix's -- most of them use a red dash layout--they might have the bulbs you are wanting.
Doesn't work. What they do is use the same clear bulbs as everyone else, but the plastic "fiber optic" pathways that illuminate the gauges are red tinted instead of clear. I poured over a lot of replacement bulb catalogs and tore apart a few dashes before I figured that one out. :(
[size=75]Mark
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

What about using pieces of red film used in professional lighting -- you could get red and slide it between the bulb and the optical conduit thing.
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

adrenalnjunky wrote:
Would match your rims pretty well though
[size=75]Mark
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

adrenalnjunky wrote:What about using pieces of red film used in professional lighting -- you could get red and slide it between the bulb and the optical conduit thing.
No room around the bulb for that. The sockets are only big enough for the bulb and the optical conduit surrounds the bulb rather than just being on one side or the other.

Can you tell I've researched this a lot? :D
[size=75]Mark
NTXCrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by NTXCrew »

AZS10Crew wrote:
adrenalnjunky wrote:
Would match your rims pretty well though
Teal would go nice with your pink rims, too...... :D
-Jim
Doc

Just checked

Post by Doc »

Mine light up!!! At least the fiance says they do. I had her go out and check.
What a great girl! :D
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Mine light up too, all four doors.
2000 gmc/centurion crewcab

8)
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]