Cassette player

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Paco
Regular
Regular

Cassette player

Post by Paco »

Hello all, new member here with a question, :idea: can the cassette player that mounts on the console that comes with the 02 models be made to fit an 03 with the cd changer. I had just upgraded from 8 tracks to cassettes when I bought this truck and it has no cassette player :shock: Thanks
[size=75]Paco
03, pewter
Indianapolis, In[/size]
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

:lol: no i dont think so but i am no expert. welcome to the site!!!
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I think the trick would be to see if the wiring is there for the cassette.
I'd rather have the tray instead of the cassette player.

Maybe we can work something out?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Justin
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Justin »

I think it can. I removed mine for the cpu for my head unit and there was one wiring harness that hooked right up to it. i think it tied into the wiring harness out of the back of the deck. It was 2 years when I did it so I'm not to keen on how it looked but i am sure that you can ask your dealer or even an auto stereo place.
[size=75]05 Sierra LLY "Silver Bull"[/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

There might be an easier solution. Does your 03 radio have a button with "AUX" on it? If so, you can buy an adapter that will allow you to use any music device. The Adaptor give you RCA connectors so you can plug in anything. The link for the adapter is here and It does work on the 02 6disc radio as that's the one I have. The 03 is a little different so I don't know if it has the AUX port still. Another thing you can do is just get a new radio with a tape deck.

My suggestion is to dump the tapes and go CDs. Def. better and they don't wear out as easy as tapes. Plus they sound much better.

Good Luck,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Paco
Regular
Regular

Post by Paco »

Thanks for the info, will look into the back of the unit this evening. Cd's are nice, but I want the option to listen to my old cassettes too.
[size=75]Paco
03, pewter
Indianapolis, In[/size]
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

Conman wrote: The link for the adapter is here and It does work on the 02 6disc radio as that's the one I have. The 03 is a little different so I don't know if it has the AUX port still. Another thing you can do is just get a new radio with a tape deck.
I didn't see a link. I have an 04 with the 6 CD HU and I'm working on a solution to get me MP3 player working via the aux port.

Forrest