my headlights are shrinking

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

duce
Crew
Crew

my headlights are shrinking

Post by duce »

ya that's right I think my headlights are shrinking I was washing my truck yesterday and noticed that the passenger side headlight had a 3/4 of a gap on the outside part of the light were the light meats the fender but on the driver side it was flush to the fender :?: so I took it to my dealer and they looked it over and nothing was wrong with the light or fender one of the service guys had a Sonoma on the lot so we looked at his and he also had a gap not as big as mine.dose anyone else see this on their truck.....
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

The whole front clip just snaps in there. I wouldn't expect perfection. :?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
MyWhiteKnight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MyWhiteKnight »

I just took a hard look at mine, and yes they are placed slightly different. Passenger side headlamp on mine looks to have 1/4"
more gap at the side fender, and the drivers side headlamp appears
to gap slightly more on the bottom. I never noticed it before you mentioned it. Maybe that is why we rarely see pictures taken from the front-center! :roll:
2002 S-10 Crew LS original owner, ZR2-PA3 Wheels, Leer Cap, high performance distributor, MPFI spider injector, K&N FIPK, HD Bilsteins, Flowmaster Super 44, Proform Bowtie differential cover & LubeLocker gasket, LED chrome/smoke taillights, chrome/smoke parking/fog lights, Spec-D chrome/smoke projector headlights with Halo & LED DRL, Pioneer CD/MP3/WMA receiver, 3-way door speakers, 2-JL Audio 8's in CrewCab sub box, and Ventshade hood/window deflectors.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

That's GM engineering tolerances for ya! :)
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
duce
Crew
Crew

Post by duce »

update on my shrinking lights. when i saw the gape last week i took my head light covers off to get a closer look. and never put them back on till today after i washed my truck that is when i saw the scuff mark on the cover it looks like someone must have hit my headlight :x not enough to bust it but enough to push it in and over now to find out if its the light that is bent or the frame behind it..... :x
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

Maybe in the summer they expand with the heat.
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]