Lemon Law

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

jeremy
Regular
Regular

Post by jeremy »

whats the lemon law procedures, ive had my crew cab in the shop, 7 times for minor and major stuff also, just wondering if i fall under that catagory.
:idea: anyone know
jeremy
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

It has to be 3 times for the exact same issue. Not sure where you go from there though.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
Conman
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Conman »

Check your local DMV website for proceedures. It's not hard to do. You might want to just start directly with GM as they might just buy it back and that's that.

Good Luck,
Con
[size=75]2007 Hummer H3 all Stock
Sold: 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 all Stock.
Sold: 2002 Chevy S10 Crew Cab ZR5 - Mods: Truxedo Bed Cover, APC and TYC Lights.[/size]
Ken
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Ken »

jeremy wrote:whats the lemon law procedures, ive had my crew cab in the shop, 7 times for minor and major stuff also, just wondering if i fall under that catagory.
:idea: anyone know
jeremy

Most states require a set number of visits to the service dept. (5 + ) for the same failure "complaint" with the shop making some sort of repair.(an attempt to fix a failure show's that they have verifed there is a failure) If the problem is still present and cannot be repaired then you have grounds. In other words if you take it in for a noise 8 different times. and shop states "NPF" (No Problem Found) on the first 7 visits and then on the 8th visit they do a repair and that does not resolve the failure, that really only counts as 1 repair towards the Lemon Law. Do to the fact that the first seven times no failure was ever verified.
[size=75]2003 GMC ZR5, Rancho RSX shocks, Boise Rear Springs; and 1.25" TB crank.[/size]
Socaldave
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Socaldave »

I went through this process with my crew cab about a year ago. I worked through the New Motor Vehicle Board while pursuing the lemon law. While the New Motor Vehicle Board cannot force GM to do anything, they do keep records on your case and act as the intermediary. I sent my forms and letters to a representative at the NMVB , and their representative sent them on to GM. This helps to motivate GM because they now have another agency tracking your concerns and how fast they reply or resolve your issues.

Keep in mind that the problems have to be significant enough to warrant a vehicle buy back. Things like a rattle, bad trim piece, a bad switch, etc do not qualify. Something that is a safety issue that could have the potential for injury, or major mechanical repairs such as the engine, transmission, etc are the types of things that they will consider. It also has to be in for repairs at least 3 times, and the problem was not corrected. There is also a time period and mileage involved. I believe it has to be within the first 18 months of purchase, and I don't recall the mileage disclaimer ammount.

If it can't be resolved at this level you move into arbitration. GM must abide by the decision given by the arbitrator. However you can take it to civil court if you do not like the outcome of the arbitration. I got my issues fixed before arbitration, and got a free extended warranty out of GM as well.

Good luck.