part # for fog lght bulbs????

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

duce
Crew
Crew

part # for fog lght bulbs????

Post by duce »

can anyone tell me what the part # of our fog light bulbs are????
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Brule, Have you had any problem with melting/warping, or yellowing of the lense or reflector after changing to the 55W bulbs?

I notice my fog reflector is beginning to yellow at the bottom and I still have the stock bulbs in them. I do use them a lot, anytime the headlights are on so are the fogs.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Retep wrote:Brule, Have you had any problem with melting/warping, or yellowing of the lense or reflector after changing to the 55W bulbs?

I notice my fog reflector is beginning to yellow at the bottom and I still have the stock bulbs in them. I do use them a lot, anytime the headlights are on so are the fogs.

Pete
I don't use mine very often, because I'm pretty sure they are bright enough now ,to pose a blinding danger to oncoming traffic. I do not have any browning or warping.
I just use them for filler lighting ocasionally or in the fog.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have a question. I read the "55 watt foglight upgrade" thread, and found this part number for replacement GM 55-watt foglights: 9442879

My question is: Is there something similar in another brand that can be purchased at Autozone or Wal-Mart? I'd rather just buy from them than have to order over the internet at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated!
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Guess today is a good day to dig up an old thread again. I have been looking to replace the factory fog light lamps for a while now and I just got in a set of 3300k yellow 894's which are 37.5 watt and are a direct replacement for the stock 881's but without the painted tip. I will let everyone know how they work out after I use them for a few days.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]