Heat/AC Problem

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

MyWhiteKnight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Heat/AC Problem

Post by MyWhiteKnight »

I've experienced this problem the last 3-4 times I drove the truck: When I'm cruzin down the road everything works fine. When at idle, (in drive or park), no heat, no air, and no fan. It doesn't matter if the truck is warm or cold. When the truck is running but not moving, all I can get from the heat/air system is heat from the engine. This happens in every mode from AC to defrost, hot to cold. I realize the fan normally slows down with the engine, but this is everything at nothing! Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks in advance.
2002 S-10 Crew LS original owner, ZR2-PA3 Wheels, Leer Cap, high performance distributor, MPFI spider injector, K&N FIPK, HD Bilsteins, Flowmaster Super 44, Proform Bowtie differential cover & LubeLocker gasket, LED chrome/smoke taillights, chrome/smoke parking/fog lights, Spec-D chrome/smoke projector headlights with Halo & LED DRL, Pioneer CD/MP3/WMA receiver, 3-way door speakers, 2-JL Audio 8's in CrewCab sub box, and Ventshade hood/window deflectors.
MyWhiteKnight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MyWhiteKnight »

Update: A couple more trips in the truck, and it seemed that the fan blew less and less. First checked the fuses, all ok. Took a hammer and lightly tapped the blower motor box, and whoosh I could suddenly hear the air flowing thru the system. The blower motor was stuck! Working fine now.
2002 S-10 Crew LS original owner, ZR2-PA3 Wheels, Leer Cap, high performance distributor, MPFI spider injector, K&N FIPK, HD Bilsteins, Flowmaster Super 44, Proform Bowtie differential cover & LubeLocker gasket, LED chrome/smoke taillights, chrome/smoke parking/fog lights, Spec-D chrome/smoke projector headlights with Halo & LED DRL, Pioneer CD/MP3/WMA receiver, 3-way door speakers, 2-JL Audio 8's in CrewCab sub box, and Ventshade hood/window deflectors.
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

You're my kinda of mechanic!!! First thing you try is taking a hammer to it :-)
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
MyWhiteKnight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by MyWhiteKnight »

One should always have a hammer and nails handy. They can be used for many things. Once when I was out fishing, the pin broke that holds the prop on the boat motor. There just happened to be some nails in the tackle box. One nail held the prop on long enough to get the boat ashore :idea: A hammer is great to use when there is no other mechanical solution. Just a tap for unsticking stuff, or if ya want to take it further, you can smash it to pieces to end your misery :twisted: