The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Aux input for Stock CD player

Post by shrubs2000 »

All -

I have the stock 6 CD changer deck in my 04. Is there an aux input for this deck? I want to hook up my mp3 player.

Thanx!
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I think there is, but it won't be an RCA style input. It will probably be a GM-specific, need a wiring harness to connect it type of thing.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

AZS10Crew wrote:I think there is, but it won't be an RCA style input. It will probably be a GM-specific, need a wiring harness to connect it type of thing.
hmmmm . Since there is nothing in the manual about this, I will just have to figure out how to take the dash apart and find out!

Forrest
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

when you do, can you take tons of pics of the process and then write the down the steps and procedures of all the info that you found out and then email it to me or brule so we can put it up on the site for everyone, thanks :wink:
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

a2b wrote:when you do, can you take tons of pics of the process and then write the down the steps and procedures of all the info that you found out and then email it to me or brule so we can put it up on the site for everyone, thanks :wink:
sure! I do think I need an adapter though. I was reading some info on xmfan.com. Inquiry minds still want to know.... :wink:
a2b
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by a2b »

shrubs2000 wrote:
a2b wrote:when you do, can you take tons of pics of the process and then write the down the steps and procedures of all the info that you found out and then email it to me or brule so we can put it up on the site for everyone, thanks :wink:
sure! I do think I need an adapter though. I was reading some info on xmfan.com. Inquiry minds still want to know.... :wink:
cool. i look foward to reading about it :D
[size=75] -HOBIE

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||__\
| ##Budweiser ###### | ||''|"\,__.
|_...__...________ ====| |__|__|...]
"(@)'(@)""""**|(@)(@)******(@)I[/size]
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

a2b wrote:cool. i look foward to reading about it :D

It appear nothing but an FM Modulator will work for the 04's at this time. GM Must have changed soemthing yet again. PAC makes a few GM-12 and GM-24 but they will not work on my 04 :?

I sent autotoys an e-mail to see what they say. I may jsut have to ditch my cheap FM Modulator for an irock one.
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

Accoridng to autotoys.com this is what is required:

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product. ... t=0&page=1

However, I wimped out and bought a Belkin TunCast II last night. I wired it into the cigarette lights and it fits neatly in the ashtray. It was 39.99 so it will work OK for now....