Blazer Trip Computer

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

brwn234

Blazer Trip Computer

Post by brwn234 »

First of all, this site is the best. I've owned my Sonoma zr5 Crew Cab for about a month now and absolutely love it. I searched around on the internet for information on my truck but couldnt find anything worth while until this site. The first night I found this website I went out in my driveway and fixed my "hot feet" problem. Great site thanks for all the information.
Second, Has anyone ever thought of swapping the Compass/Thermometer from the over head console with the Compass/Thermometer/Trip computer that is available in the blazers? From reading around this website it seems that the blazers/jimmy's and the s-10/sonomas have the same wiring. This would make me think that it would be as simple as swapping the computer. I havnt done much research into this subject yet but tell me what you guys think.
Thanks again for a great site!
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Welcome :wave:

I haven't looked into it more than just briefly seeing some information.

Is that part of the Homelink? If so I am pretty sure that it can be done.

There is a thread on ZR2.com forum where someone is building a harness to add a console with Homelink to the Z's.
I haven't followed it very closely, but if I get time I'll look into it.

I am under the impression that most of the computer functions are controlled by the BCM. I am not sure if our BCM has those functions.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
brwn234

Post by brwn234 »

I found this guy on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWA%3AIT

He provides instructions only no parts for doing exactly what I was talking about. He charges $15 but thats probably much easier than trying to figure it out. Now I only need to find a new computer.