Wires Under Drivers seat

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Wires Under Drivers seat

Post by shrubs2000 »

My wife drove my truck this weekend so she had the seat all the way forward (she's 4'1"). I noticed a wiring harness under this drivers seat. Anyone know the purpose?

Thanx
Forrest
camelott112
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by camelott112 »

more than likely for the fasten seat belt light on your dash granted i have not seen my cc for almost 5 months now im willing to bet that is it
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

yeah, I'm sure the seatbelt warning is wired through there. I wonder though if there's more to it than that. Blazers/Jimmies have power driver's seat option and I think zr5's do as well. There may be 12v supply in that harness as well.
shrubs2000
Crew
Crew

Post by shrubs2000 »

I'll have to investigate more this weekend. It's pretty thick so I think there's more than the seat belt light ( I forgot about that) :?

Forrest
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Wires Under Drivers seat

Post by Retep »

shrubs2000 wrote:My wife... she's 4'1"...
Wow I thought my wife was a little (no pun intended) vertically challenged at 5'0". I am 6'1" and we make an interesting couple standing side by side.

BTW, I have often wondered what that thick bundle of wires is under the seat.

Pete
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

It's for the heated and power seats.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]