Headlight bulb replacement

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

BadChad

Headlight bulb replacement

Post by BadChad »

How in the heck do you replace the headlight bulbs? I had the air box out, undid a few screws in the bezels and still could not get at the back of the lights to replace them.
Any help would be appreciated for , my 2003 S-10 Crew cab
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

Very easy. Consult your owners manual for detailed directions.
Two clips hold the headlight assembly in place. Pull the clips and the headlight assembly will be free. It is a little harder to get the clips re-seated correctly though.
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Retep wrote:Very easy. Consult your owners manual for detailed directions.
Two clips hold the headlight assembly in place. Pull the clips and the headlight assembly will be free. It is a little harder to get the clips re-seated correctly though.
I stand by my mallet suggestion :lol:
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

barch97 wrote:...I stand by my mallet suggestion :lol:
I think I know why.... :lol: hint
[size=75][url=http://photobucket.com/albums/v179/retep910/S10/]2002 S10 Ext. Cab 4x4 Indigo Blue[/url]
Extang Black Max Tonneau, Rubber Bed Mat, Vent Visors, Bugflector II, SilverStar headlights, Dark Window Tint, Disabled DRL, Debadged, K&N Filter, Skid Plates, 1.25" Rear Wheel Spacers, Boise 3 aal kit, mild T-bar crank, Dueler A/T Revo[/size]
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

precisely :thumb:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

So did you two find the plastic keyhole slotted retainers?

They are behind the headlight assembly, behind the radiator core support. Just lift them both up a little and remove.

When you put it back together make sure that the lower piece is hooked back into the core support. If it isn't you'll find the assembly misaligned and somewhat pointing upward.
Last edited by HenryJ on Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

I gave up and took it to the dealer. I'm way out of warranty now though. So, if another blows... no more driving after dark I spose.
Retep
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Retep »

HenryJ wrote:So did you two find the plasitc keyhole slotted retainers?
Yes
HenryJ wrote:When you put it back together make sure that the lower piece is hooked back into the core support. If it isn't you'll find the assembly misaligned and somewhat pointing upward.
Thats what I meant when I said "It is a little harder to get the clips re-seated correctly though." I guess I could have been a little more clear.

The lower piece is a pain in the @ss just the same :x
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

barch97 wrote:Image
BadChad

Post by BadChad »

New Wagner True View bulbs are in place, and it was a 10 minute job after reading all your replys. THANKS!