Wiper delay problem

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Wiper delay problem

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Does anyone know how the wiper delay works? I started having a problem where sometimes the delay works and sometimes it doesn't. The first, second and third setting is always on with no delay, the forth setting is a very short delay, and the last setting is sometimes a long delay followed by a short delay or double wipe. I would imagine it's some type of electronics problem but I wouldn't even know where to begin to look. Any help would be appreciated.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:lol: Yeah, several have that issue but, have had no luck with my lovable dealer :lol:

You can ask up it but, all I got was a "could not duplicate problem" when I picked up mine.

Some dealers work with you better than others. It's worth you asking about if you are under warranty and you are having something else addressed.

BTW......join My GM Link!

They are now posting your warranty issues and what they did about them. Just have your VIN handy and current mileage to complete the registration process. If you are out of warranty, it is still nice to have for keeping records of your maintenance and recalls.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Unfortunately, I am not under warranty anymore. It seems like it would be something simple but I don't know enough about it. I'm sure that what ever creates the delay has gone bad but I don't know what that is.

By the way f9k9, how do you like your catback system?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew Cab (white), 2" suspension lift (torsion bar crank & Daystar shackles), 2"BL, 31X10.50 BFG AT, 15X7 Cragar wheels (black), 1.25" rear wheel spacers, Hi-Lift jack with mount, rock sliders, Bilstein shocks, Westin light bar, Hella 500 lights, Trans cooler, GPS, CB, XM radio

Roll Tide!![/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Yellow Hammer wrote:Unfortunately, I am not under warranty anymore. It seems like it would be something simple but I don't know enough about it. I'm sure that what ever creates the delay has gone bad but I don't know what that is.

When we find an official fix for this we will certainly share it with you, until then, just pretend you don't have intermittent wipers.....:lol:
Yellow Hammer wrote: By the way f9k9, how do you like your catback system?

It took a little work for some to convince me to do it how I did it :D

Am on the backside of fifty so am more into results than making good sound clips and shiny exhaust tips :D

I researched a bunch and decided on the single 3" cat back, local shop install (with special instructions about my future BL and room to flex when off road). :D

Took about 3 days to get used to the difference (difference does not equal decibel level) :lol:

My intake mod already made it sound diffrent so the exhaust mod was not culture shock to me.

What I have read is that a single 2.5"-3" catback is the best for our engine in the way of gains. I noticed low end gains which is not textbook.

You want sounds and looks then we have younger and extremely more knowledgeable members to assist you than myself on duals, chrome and sound. That is their preference (which I respect) and they have respected mine. :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Be sure it isn't related to this - Wiper fix

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Yellow Hammer
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Yellow Hammer »

Thanks for the link to that wiper fix thread Henry. That gives me a better idea where the problem area may be. I'll try taking that board out and checking the solder connections.

Roll Tide!![/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Is there a delay module somewhere that controls the delay function? I don't think the switch is the problem, unless all S10's have bad wiper switches. :?

Steve
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re: Wiper delay problem

Post by ApproachMedium »

What ever happend with this? The linkys are no good.

I saw this part on Rockauto today http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=75663
I wonder if this is where the problem is? For $35 would save me some soldiering headaches.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Links probably don't work anymore because the last post before yours is from 2005. With all the changes the forum has had since then it's probably no small miracle some of the posts and threads are still here and readable.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I think that you will find it does work now and leads you to our stock information page Wiper fix

A few minutes with a soldering iron is all it takes. Pretty easy fix.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Humm that page wont load. :(
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
Horsehammerr
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Horsehammerr »

ApproachMedium wrote:Humm that page wont load. :(
DITTO :x
[size=75]'02ZR5 YellowCruzCab-Airbox chopped,Quadlights,Intake defuser chopped,Precat chopped,HD Bilsteins, 9x16 '84 Corvette wheels, NEXEN 245/50 tires, front & rear Sway bars, All Poly bushings in full suspension, front lowered 3 1/2", ZR2 rearend with 5" suspension lowering , FUN FUN FUN
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Try, try again :)

- ThunderII KE7CSK
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

It works yayaya! Seems simple enough! I will have to tackle this also once it gets warmer out. It seems like the problem only exists on my truck when its very damp, which of course is why nobody can reproduce it including the dealer.
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Hmmmmm, something else for me to check as I have had intermittent wiper delay problems at times too.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.