blinker problem *solved*

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

blinker problem *solved*

Post by bwenny247 »

hey, don't know if anyone has had this happen or heard of it happening...
my passenger side blinker just started acting up. inside the cab the green arrow blinks twice as fast as normal, the front blinker blinks twice as fast as normal, and the rear doesn't blink at all????????????? :? :? :?

everything on the left side is fine

any suggestions?
Last edited by bwenny247 on Sat May 14, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: blinker problem

Post by F9K9 »

bwenny247 wrote:hey, don't know if anyone has had this happen or heard of it happening...
my passenger side blinker just started acting up. inside the cab the green arrow blinks twice as fast as normal, the front blinker blinks twice as fast as normal, and the rear doesn't blink at all????????????? :? :? :?

everything on the left side is fine

any suggestions?
Check out this thread. Turned out to be a ground at rear of passenger side inside the frame.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
adrenalnjunky
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by adrenalnjunky »

umm--sounds to me like your rear turn signal bulb is burnt out then?

Those are dual element bulbs - do your parking lights light up just fine?
[size=75]Thanks, CHRIS
2000 S10 Blazer 4x4 4Dr. -- 2" PA BodyLift, Daystar Shackles, TB Crank, 1.75" Rear wheel spacers, Yakima roofrack, 30" BFG AT's.
1969 VW Bug -- airbagged and in pieces.
1962 VW Karmann ghia -- rusting over in the corner. "That's not a tool--that's a damn brick!"[/size]
cronkm

Post by cronkm »

I had the same problem, same side. Bad bulb
2002 S10 CC, 2" BL, 1.25" Rear Spacers, K&N FIPK, HP III, Flowmaster Muffler, Folding Bed Cover, Skid Plates, Aluminum Rear Dif Cover, Gabriel Shocks, Granatelli MAF, Upgraded Sound system
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

the thread that fk9k posted was mine and turned out to be a ground on the rear pass. side
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

jeff024 wrote:the thread that fk9k posted was mine and turned out to be a ground on the rear pass. side
Must not be to much of a crisis for him :lol:

I was "thinking" to hard (gotta stop that) and forgot the obvious cause...........the bulb

:D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
bwenny247
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bwenny247 »

turned out to be a bad bulb :oops: sorry for the hassle but i appreciate everyone coming to help me out so fast.

new i could count on the "crew" pun intended ;)
~Ben
[size=75]*SOLD* 5" BDS, 2" PA, 33" MT's, HPPIII , Airaid TB spacer, K&N FIPK, March pulleys, 2.5" straight pipe, Trucktec tonneau, Herculinered body line down, 3/16" custom skid plates[/size]