Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec engine, tail light bulb change

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Qamar
Crew
Crew

Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec engine, tail light bulb change

Post by Qamar »

I need to change the right side rear brake light bulb. Any idea as how to open up the brake light compartment to change the bulb.

Thanking in advance
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Re: Blazer 1996 model, V-6 vortec engine,tail light buld cha

Post by F9K9 »

Qamar wrote:I need to change the right side rear brake light bulb. Any idea as how to open up the brake light compartment to change the bulb.

Thanking in advance
This is a 1998. I hope it may help!

Tail Lamp Replacement Utility
Removal Procedure

Caution
Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.

Remove the battery negative cable.
Open the endgate or liftgate.

Remove the screws that retain the tail lamp assembly to the vehicle.
Rotate the bulb sockets ¼ turn counter-clockwise in order to remove the bulb sockets from the tail lamp assembly.
Remove the bulbs from the sockets.
Installation Procedure
Install the bulbs into the sockets.
Install the bulb sockets to the tail lamp assembly by rotating the sockets ¼ turn clockwise.

Install the tail lamp assembly to the vehicle.

Notice
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the screws that retain the tail lamp assembly to the vehicle. Tighten
Tighten the screws to 1.9 N·m (17 lb in)

Install the battery negative cable.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Qamar
Crew
Crew

Post by Qamar »

Excellent information with pic. Thanks a lot. Have fixed my problem on your guidlines.
Regards
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

:thumb: No Problem
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]