Battery under warranty?

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Battery under warranty?

Post by CrazyChaz »

I just got done detailing and washing up my truck today and my truck wouldnt start(2nd time in 2 weeks, I came back from vacation I was gone a week and it wouldnt start either.) Anyway I plan on getting a new battery tomorrow, but since its a 2003 would the battery be covered under the factory 3 year/36,000 mile warranty? I dont wanna spend money unless I have to, I like to save it for truck mods :lol:
[size=75]2003 S-10 Crewcab Dark Metallic Green*Hidden Hitch Class 3 Trailer Hitch*Monro SensaTracs*Airaid Intake*Poweraid TBS*Custom Dual Exhaust*Tranny Cooler*Buffalo Stainless Step Bars*Hunter Grill Brush Guard*Delta Diamond Plate Tool Box*Bed Rhino Lined*APC Clear Corners*Hi Beam Mod*LT235/75/15 BFG All Terrains*Full Skid Plates with Transfer Case Done by SkidZ.[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

if your still under warranty it should be covered its 3year/36000 mile bumper to bumper should cover everything
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Jim

Post by Jim »

jeff024 wrote:if your still under warranty it should be covered its 3year/36000 mile bumper to bumper should cover everything
I was told even the original ones in the vehicles are pro rated, you won't get full replacement.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
CrazyChaz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by CrazyChaz »

Called dealer today and yes they are pro rated for the factory battery so I said "No Thanks". When to advance auto parts and bought a Autocraft Titanium battery with a 3 year free replacement warranty. Also it has 875 CCA at 32F and 700 CCA at 0F with a reserve capacity of 100(does that mean minutes?). The Battery set me back $74.06 so I think I did pretty good overall. Plus I got rid of that stupid battery cover the Delco battery had on it :)
[size=75]2003 S-10 Crewcab Dark Metallic Green*Hidden Hitch Class 3 Trailer Hitch*Monro SensaTracs*Airaid Intake*Poweraid TBS*Custom Dual Exhaust*Tranny Cooler*Buffalo Stainless Step Bars*Hunter Grill Brush Guard*Delta Diamond Plate Tool Box*Bed Rhino Lined*APC Clear Corners*Hi Beam Mod*LT235/75/15 BFG All Terrains*Full Skid Plates with Transfer Case Done by SkidZ.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

CrazyChaz wrote:... I got rid of that stupid battery cover the Delco battery had on it
That battery cover is made of acid absorbent material. It is designed to trap any acids that may leach from the battery therefore saving the surrounding metal from an early death.

I too donated mine to my wife's car , since hers had deteriorated along with her stock battery.

I did install a sealed battery in mine so , acid leaks are no longer a concern.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK