This is a new one...after the body lift *solved*

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

This is a new one...after the body lift *solved*

Post by RocK »

K Right after the body lift was installed my left turn signal indicator was on. All my lights worked correctly and both turn signals flash. But the left signal flashed very quickly compared to the right one. Drove it two miles home and the indicator turned off but when signaling it still flashes quickly. I didnt see any pinched wires and i checked the ground strap by the fuel tank and it was fine. Ideas... please....
[size=75]2002 GMC Sonoma ZR-5

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Ground wire at the rear bumper brackets is loose , unattached, or broken. Look closely at both sides.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

I waited on here just for your reply hj. LOL i knew it would be quick... checking now and thanks.

"Watch This"

Roof Rack Lights, Air box mod, 31x10.50 BFG Mud Terrains, 2 inch rear spacers, Skidz Fender flares, 2 inch body lift.[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Here is the thread - blinker going fast *solved*

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Ok getting icky... checked the wires both sides both are grounded i cleaned em up and put em back. None of my lights are dimmer. and the blinker is fast lights on or off. I have checked every ground in the rear now and the only thing left is for continuity checks.

"Watch This"

RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

ya know like a week ago the right side did it to me...the fast flash thing. it only did it for a couple seconds and quit. never happened again and the indicator never stayed on. We dont have a module to control these things do we? No... HMM.... I will have to throw her back on the lift and start rippin stuff out. Oh by the way how did yall make up for that spare being loose after the lift

"Watch This"

HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If all your bulbs are working , there must be a bad gound somewhere.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

RocK wrote:.............................. Oh by the way how did yall make up for that spare being loose after the lift
The spare should not be loose unless you accidently put it back in with the street side up.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

ok i finally found it... a freekin loose bulb in the drivers side. I smacked the hood in frustration and low and behold the light went out. popped the lamp put the bulb back in and viola. oh and the spare thing the brace that points forward somehow got mushed upwards an inch. LOL thats what ya get for finishing at 4:30 in the morning...

Total time 5 hours..
total cases drank 3
total people 3
total people helping 1 .... maybe 1 and a half.

:smile:

"Watch This"

RocK
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by RocK »

Thanks guys...I appreciate it. Its always the dumbest thing huh?

"Watch This"

jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

wheres the after BL pics?
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]