no heat ac out upper vents

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

rich85730

no heat ac out upper vents

Post by rich85730 »

i have a 1988 s10 blazer and air stoped comeing out of upper vents, now only comes out lower vents i replaced a/c control switch didnt help??
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

how's your transmission? :wink:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
bubaloo1983
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by bubaloo1983 »

that would be the hvac problem. someone will post the link i cant remember where it is. i have the same trouble 2 times so far :S
[size=75]2003 ZR5 GMC Sonoma, SFA dana30, 35 inch tires, 4.10 gears, Cut out flares. Chrome Denali grill, custom made skid plates, shackles and badging

www.customskidplates.com[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

HERE and welcome to the forum :wave:

I wouldn't think that it applies to an '88 but, this explains what our problem is.
Last edited by F9K9 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

I'll have to go check my '89 (I have a S-10 Blazer too) but I'm fairly certain that the system is quite different and I think the HVAC controls and transfer case vacuum switch are isolated from each other. At least I know they are on mine. This sounds more like a loose vacuum line somewhere.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Check the vacuum pot right near the accelerator pedal.
Also , if you just replaced the control, check to make sure that the red tab did not slip out iof the retaining bracket. That happens pretty easily when trying to put it back in place.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK