02 sensor circuit low volts (bank 1 sensor 2)

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

02 sensor circuit low volts (bank 1 sensor 2)

Post by quickbiker »

Anyone know which sensor this is? I'm all googled out. lol
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Bank 1 refers to the side of the engine where the #1 cylinder resides. This would be the left hand , or drivers side. The sensors are numberd from front to rear.

Make sure all the connections are good, clear the code and see if it returns before doing any further tearing.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I was under the truck and I see a sensor on each side of the manifold before the cat and one sensor after the cat. Am I missing something? So would that be talking about the one sensor after the cat?
[size=75][url=http://outsideventure.com/s10crew/]01 S10 Crewcab - SAS'd[/url][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

You're right. On our trucks you should have bank 1 sensor 1 , bank 2 sensor 1 , bank 1 sensor 3 is what the manual lists, so I guess that must mean that yours is listing it as bank 1 sensor 2 after the cat.

That would be my best guess.

EDIT: Must have been a misprint in the paper manual. ESI lists the one after the cat as bank 1 sensor 2.

Guess that settles it. It is indeed the one after the cat.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I have the K&N Gen II on it, and the hose loosened up and was just breathing non-filtered air, I fixed it about noon though, but I am wondering if this has anything to do with it. But I doubt it, can't be that easy. I will check the wiring. Maybe just needs a new sensor. Are those sensors wide band? If I get any ol wide band, will it work?
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

The heated O2 sensors are really pretty good and show little degradation by the 100k mark.
I am not enough of an expert to classify them as wide band. Not sure that I really need to know that much ;)

Pull it and inspect it. If it is chalky black suspect that you have issues up stream.

I had mine throw a code once. I cleared it and it never came back. I can't say if it was a loose hose, disconnected wire , or just what happened. It was a long time ago.

If the problem won't repeat..."ffOgett-a bout it"

- ThunderII KE7CSK
quickbiker
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by quickbiker »

I reset it, crossing my fingers now. Figures it does this now that emissions is due. Ugh.