Stock CD player

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Stock CD player

Post by BADs Crew »

When not in use I will hear the drive motor on my CD player running. Its not all the time, just now and then. Anyone else have this happen?
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

never but 99% of the time I have a CD in even if im not playing it
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

My stock 6 CD changer one was doing that once and awhile before it wen't "belly up" and locked 6 of my favorite CDs inside :x
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: Stock CD player

Post by killian96ss »

BADs Crew wrote:When not in use I will hear the drive motor on my CD player running. Its not all the time, just now and then. Anyone else have this happen?
Mine has done that ever since I bought my CC. I beleive it is normal for the factory Delco CD player to make this noise. I have heard the same noise in other GM vehicles with the CD player. :roll:

Steve
holstdb

Post by holstdb »

Thats not the CD player motor, that's the little cooling fan on the back of the radio. It's normal.

ALSO for you late 02+ guys with the RDS radios, if it locks up and steals your CDs, open your fuse box and pull BOTH radio fuses (bottom left and bottom right of the panel) give it a couple of seconds and plug back in.
[size=75]Dave Holst
2003 Chevy S-10 LS ext cab 2wd
loaded - Delphi INR navigation - OnStar - XM[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Welcome to the forum holstdb, and thanks for clarifying the CD player noise! :wave:

Steve
Last edited by killian96ss on Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Welcoma holstdb!!
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
top_sgt
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by top_sgt »

welcome to the gang, holstdb!!
2004 S10 CC ZR5 4x4 >> traded for a 2006 F150 supercrew!!
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

holstdb wrote:Thats not the CD player motor, that's the little cooling fan on the back of the radio. It's normal.

ALSO for you late 02+ guys with the RDS radios, if it locks up and steals your CDs, open your fuse box and pull BOTH radio fuses (bottom left and bottom right of the panel) give it a couple of seconds and plug back in.

Welcome to the site and thanks for the info. :thumb:
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]