Overhead display - Compass Question

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Overhead display - Compass Question

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Today while driving, I noticed that next to the direction readout on the overhead compass it said "cal." I'm assuming it means calibrate. The directions are way off. Read South for East. Is there a way to fix this??? Or do I have to waste my time and take it in to the dealer? Thanks guys

-Bob
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Swbari00
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Swbari00 »

there is a way to calibrate it. It's described in the owner man. somewhere. I don't remember how to do it, but maybe try that see if it fixes it.
SOLD! 2003 Zr5 black. Alpine CDA-9831 cd with iPod adapter, JL Audio VR650-CSi (6.5" componets in front doors), JL Audio 8 W-3, Sony 260G. Air box mod, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust.

Now a Scion xD with lots of audio stuff!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Important

Before calibrating the compass, drive the vehicle to a area that is magnetically clean, and free of large metallic objects.
1. Turn ON the ignition.
2. Press the MODE button in order to advance to the COMP/TEMP mode.
3. Simultaneously depress and hold the US/MET and MODE buttons until a C is displayed, in approximately 10 seconds.
4. Release both buttons.
5. Drive the vehicle in circles at a speed of less than 8 km/h (5 mph) until the C is replaced by a proper vehicle heading. The calibration procedure is now complete.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Thanks! That'll be fun driving around in circles lol You have any idea why it became miscalibrated??
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
Rusty

Post by Rusty »

f9k9 wrote:Important

Before calibrating the compass, drive the vehicle to a area that is magnetically clean, and free of large metallic objects.
1. Turn ON the ignition.
2. Press the MODE button in order to advance to the COMP/TEMP mode.
3. Simultaneously depress and hold the US/MET and MODE buttons until a C is displayed, in approximately 10 seconds.
4. Release both buttons.
5. Drive the vehicle in circles at a speed of less than 8 km/h (5 mph) until the C is replaced by a proper vehicle heading. The calibration procedure is now complete.
And make sure that when you drive the truck in circles that you don't do it in a grocery store parking lot after you just bought a 12-pack of beer and with a local cop watching you! Trust me. I made that mistake. Not fun!
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

BobbleSmitty wrote:Thanks! That'll be fun driving around in circles lol You have any idea why it became miscalibrated??
Maybe Image
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]