Keyless Entry Remotes

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Keyless Entry Remotes

Post by killian96ss »

I bought a new keyless entry remote for my 01 CC, but I can't get it to program for some reason. :? The part # on the back of the remote is 15732803. My local dealership say this part # should work for my truck, but it isn't. :x The battery is new, so that's not the problem. Maybe I am missing something obvious here. I have RPO codes AU0 (remote keyless entry), AU3 (power door locks), and AU5 (lock control remote entry specific frequency). Do I have the wrong remote? I have heard that there was some sort of remote part # change for some 2001 trucks. Any ideas before I send this remote back? One more thing I should point out is when I attempt to program the remote my PCM stores a code B1000. This is a Body Control Module code, but it is not specific to what module. :?

Steve
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

henryj posted a bunch of useful remote programming info a while back.
To program remote:
HenryJ wrote: 1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Part #'s:
HenryJ wrote:There are three different part numbers for the 2001.

Just read the top number on the back of your remote.
That should be a good number and the one you need.

Check out ebay and see if you can find the right part number available :D
To synchonize remotes:
HenryJ wrote:Battery replacement may require synchronization:

Transmitter Synchronization

* Resynchronization may be necessary due to the security method used by the remote keyless entry system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice to the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR).
* The RCDLR will not respond to a signal that has been sent previously. This prevents anyone from recording and playing back the signal from the transmitter.
* The panic button should still operate normally when the system is out of synchronization.
* Resynchronization may be necessary under the following conditions:
o The battery in the transmitter is very weak.
o The battery in the transmitter was replaced.
o The battery in the vehicle has been in a low or no charge condition for an extended period of time.
* In order to resynchronize the transmitter with the RCDLR, perform the following steps:
1. Stand within 1.5 meters (5 ft) from the vehicle.
2. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 7 seconds.
The door locks should cycle in order to confirm resynchronization.
Part #'s:
HenryJ wrote:GM/UTA 15732803 three button remote
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Thanks barch97. :D It looks like I have the right part # (15732803), but maybe I am programming wrong. :? In the instructions it says to press and hold the door lock switch while turning the key on, off, on, off. Is this referring to the unlock switch on the door or the unlock switch on the remote? Maybe I am doing this the wrong way? :?

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Press and hold the unlock switch on the door when you cycle the ignition switch. If you have another remote you'll have to reprogram it at the same time. Mine wouldn't program more than 2 of the remotes but, I think that is due to my memory seats.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:Press and hold the unlock switch on the door when you cycle the ignition switch.
:lol: I was pressing the unlock switch on the remote this whole time instead of the door unlock switch. :roll: In my first post I said "am I missing something obvious here". :lol: :bonk: Thanks barch97 and f9k9 for the help. :D

Steve
barch97
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by barch97 »

Glad you figured it out. I had been wondering which unlock button that referred to myself. :wink:
[size=67][i]"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."[/i][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Well, I made more progress, but the remote still won't program correctly. :x Nothing happens after I simultaneously press and hold the lock/unlock buttons. I have tried several times with no luck. :( Maybe I need the dealer to program something? :? I have part # 15732803, but maybe this isn't the right one for my CC. I have never had any remotes for this truck, but I thought since I have the correct RPO codes that I could just get the right part # and program it myself. :?

Steve
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

GM DATA wrote:Transmitter Programming

Important

All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehiclesthat are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

You may program up to 4 transmitters, using either of the 2 following procedures:
Method 1 - No Tools Required

1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Press and hold the door unlock switch.
4. While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
5. Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
6. Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Method 2 - Scan Tool Required

1. Install a scan tool.
2. Turn the ignition ON, with the engine OFF.
3. Use the scan tool in order to access the body control module (BCM) Special Function: Program Key Fobs menu.
4. Follow the directions on the scan tool in order to program the transmitters.
5. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

DTC B3102
Circuit Description

The remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) communicates with the body control module (BCM) through the keyless entry serial data circuit. When any button on the keyless entry transmitter is pressed, the transmitter sends a signal to the RCDLR. The RCDLR sends either a lock or unlock request to the BCM, depending on which button is pressed on the transmitter. The BCM receives the message and performs the appropriate function.
Conditions for Running the DTC

The system voltage is at least 9.0 volts and no more than 16.0 volts.
Conditions for Setting the DTC

* The keyless entry serial data circuit is shorted to ground.
* The above conditions must be met for approximately 500 milliseconds.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

The keyless entry system will not operate.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC

* A current DTC will clear when the fault is no longer present and the ignition switch is cycled.
* A history DTC will clear after 100 consecutive ignition cycles without a fault present.
* A scan tool may be used to clear history and current DTC(s).

Test Description

The number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the diagnostic table.

2. The normal state of the input displayed on the scan tool before pressing a transmitter button is NONE.
3. When the UNLOCK button is pressed on the transmitter, Actv Unlock Fob# will be displayed on the scan tool.
4. The normal state of the input displayed on the scan tool before pressing a transmitter button is NONE.
5.Tests the signal circuit for a short to ground.

Schematic Reference : Keyless Entry Schematics .
Did you perform the Remote Keyless Entry Diagnostic System Check?
Go to Step 2

Go to Diagnostic System Check - Remote Keyless Entry

1. Install a scan tool.
2. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
3. With the scan tool, observe the RFA Message Since Wake-up parameter.

Does the scan tool display NONE?

Go to Step 3

Go to Step 4

1. Activate the UNLOCK button on the keyless entry transmitter.
2. With the scan tool, observe the RFA Message Since Wake-up parameter.

Does the RFA Message Since Wake-up parameter change state?

Go to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections in Wiring Systems

Go to Step 4

1. Turn OFF the ignition.
2. Disconnect the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR).
3. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
4. With a scan tool, observe the RFA Message Since Wake-up parameter.

Does the scan tool display NONE?

Go to Step 7

Go to Step 5

Test the keyless entry serial data circuit for a short to ground. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?

Inspect for poor connections at the harness connector of the body control module (BCM). Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Inspect for poor connections at the harness connector of the RCDLR. Refer to Testing for Intermittent and Poor Connections and Connector Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Important

Perform the BCM programming procedure when replacing the BCM.

Replace the BCM. Refer to Body Control Module Replacement in Body Control Systems.

Did you complete the replacement?

Replace the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver. Refer to Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Replacement .

1. Use a scan tool in order to clear the DTCs.
2. Operate the vehicle within the Conditions for Running the DTC as specified in the supporting text.

Last edited by F9K9 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Maybe I just need to go to the dealership and see if they can make it work since I have tried this programming sequence several times with no luck. :roll: I'm sure they will rip me off though. :(

Steve
Blaze One
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Blaze One »

is there a battery in the remote ?
( just thought i'd ask )
[size=75]1995 Chevy Blazer 2dr 4x4 Limited Edition [/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

Blaze One wrote:is there a battery in the remote ?
( just thought i'd ask )
Yes, I checked that after about 20 attempts. :lol: There is a possibility that I need part # 15042968 instead of part # 15732803. :shrug:

Steve
jdeller
Regular
Regular

thanks

Post by jdeller »

well my remote broke so i had to go get a new one. so doing so i got 2 just in case. and this really saved me alot of time and money so thank you very much!!!