Stock Alarm

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Stock Alarm

Post by BADs Crew »

I want to alarm my cap so if its open my alarm will sound. Do you know if our stock alarms work off of voltage drop so the alarm sounds when the interior lights come on when opening the door.

I looked around on the web and I can't find a alarm just for the cap and I hate to buy a new system if there is a way I can use the system I have. I know I can come up with a switch by making a bracket to hold a door light switch. I was thinking I could tap the interior light in the cap into the the circuit of the interior lights of the cab.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
SONOMA915
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by SONOMA915 »

Just roll a window down, ock the truck with the remote and manually unlock and open the drivers door. I think they work off of the dome light signal. I will try tonight.
[size=75]2004 GMC Sonoma ZR5 (Sold)
2005 Toyota Tacoma[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

push in the dome over ride and try so the light doesnt come on
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]