Turn signal problems

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Turn signal problems

Post by rlrnr53 »

The turn signals on my 01 crew seem to have a mind all their own. Most of the time they work fine, but on some occasions, they either won't work or quit working after being turned on. Most of the time, they will start working if I turn the hazard switch on and the off. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
jeff024
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by jeff024 »

yup
check your ground wires at the rear of the truck ,my problem was on the rear pass. side frame rail
[size=75]2004 S-10 CREW CAB {TRADED IN}
........ 2006 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeff024/]PICS OF THE CREW CAB[/url][/size]
Snotick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Snotick »

Starting up this old thread since I searched and could not find a more specific answer to my problem.

The right turn signal on my 02 CC flashes faster when the headlights are on.
During the day, with the daytime running lights on, the turn signal is fine. Once I park it in the garage, or in the shade, you can here the AHL turn on and the right turn signal flashes faster.

All of the bulbs are working properly, I have even replaced all passenger side bulbs, except the headlight bulbs. I have removed the ground cables on the rear of the truck and cleaned those up.

I am just about ready to give up and live with it.

Any suggestions?
Jim

Re: Turn signal problems

Post by Jim »

rlrnr53 wrote:The turn signals on my 01 crew seem to have a mind all their own. Most of the time they work fine, but on some occasions, they either won't work or quit working after being turned on. Most of the time, they will start working if I turn the hazard switch on and the off. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Replace the multi-function switch.
1.5 - 2.0 hours it's not cheap but don't waist your time on chinese or used parts.
Best Regards, Jim
2004 Tahoe, Summit white, loaded up. 06 front air dam, wood interior trim, Shaved Roof Rack, Escalade rear vents, LED Tails, SLP dual cat back exhaust w/ Flowmaster 70 muffler, 20 inch 07 Sierra wheels.
Snotick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Snotick »

rlrnr53's post was 3 years ago, I think he got his problem taken care of.

I revived this thread to try to figure out what is wrong with my turn signals.

Thanks.
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Did following the 3 yr old thread fail to produce results?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
Snotick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Snotick »

The only suggestion was to check the rear ground connections. Which I did. That has not solved the problem. Jim quoted the original poster, I assumed the instructions to replace the multifunction switch was to correct rlrnr53's problem, and may not solve my problem.
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

My problem seemed to cure itself a few days after the post. About a onth later, the flasher died. After replacing it, have had no more problems.
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
Snotick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Snotick »

Thanks for the update. I wish mine would just fix itself too. I may replace the flashers before I tear into the multifunction switch.
Snotick
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Snotick »

just an update. I changed the flashers a few days after this post. My problem was fixed too.

Sure glad I didnt tear into my steering column and spend a bunch of money that didnt need to be spent.

Thanks rlrnr53.