Retained Accessory Power/Security Systerm Problems

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Retained Accessory Power/Security Systerm Problems

Post by rlrnr53 »

My 01 crew has started some strange behavior after sitting for two weeks while we were on vacation. When I went to work Monday, the RAP wouldn't work. I didnt think much about it at the time. After happening again when I got home, I got the manuals out but haven't had time to check out much. Before vacation, the security system would activate with no warning. It always would turn off with the key fob. Has anyone else had this kind of problems?
[size=75]Mitch
2001 Polo Green Metallic, no mods,(can't afford any)[/size]
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

My RAP went out, it was traced to a bad door lock switch in the drivers door.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

Well, problem solved, but I can't figure out why what I did cured the problem. Let me go back to when I bought the crew in Dec of 05. After getting the truck home, the only way to get it in 4wd was to shift into neutral at a stop, hold the 4-Lo button until the transfer case shifted, then hold the 4-Hi button until it went into 4-Hi. To get it out, I had to reverse the procedure.After sitting for two weeks while the family was on vacation, I found out that the RAP wouldn't work, and the security system would go off for no reason. After three weeks of this I took my daughter to a football game. As we walked away from the truck, the security system went off again. After resetting it again, I noticed that the interior lights wouldn't go out. I pulled the courtesy light fuse so I would be able to start the crew after the game. When I came back to the truck, I replaced the fuse, and started home. Since then, the RAP has worked perfectly, the security system has not went off,and the transfer case has shifted flawlessly. Anyone have any ideas what taking the courtesy light fuse might have done to reset the BCM?
[size=75]Mitch
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I am beginning to think that our rigs are like PCs. Reboot and the majority of the problems are fixed.

That reminds me, my second GM 6 disc CD/RDS reciever (on the CD side) has gone out again. I need to pull the radio fuse (worked before) and then the negative battery cable and give them about 1/2 hr before reconnecting.

Sorry but, that is the best I have to offer to you Mountaineer :!:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I dunno why but, I was getting a "player error" message and the "reboot" just cured my problem and it is working fine again. I wish I had a better answer for ya' :D
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
junkraider
Regular
Regular

dome light not tunring off without over ride switch

Post by junkraider »

dome light not turning off without useing the over ride switch and the alram going off all the time even when i dont set it trying to figure it out but going crazy any help please
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

I finally had to replace the BCM on my truck. Ended up taking it to the dealer to have it installed. When I picked the truck up, my airbag light was on. Took it back the next day to have the light reset, took them anothr 2 hours to get everything right. The Tech2 wouldn't program the BCM, they had to use the key on relearn procedure. So far, I haven't had any more problems, and its been about 3 months.
[size=75]Mitch
junkraider
Regular
Regular

Post by junkraider »

ok so it might not be the rear door switchs ? i replaced the drivers door switch , so it might be the bcm i dont supose theres any way to test on your own hey ? how much did it cost for a new bcm and labor ?
rlrnr53
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by rlrnr53 »

New BCM was $120.00+ core charge, labor ran around 125.00 because of the trouble they had to with the relearn procedure. Prices may have changed by now. You may be able to check prices at gmpartsdirect.com, but their shipping is high.
[size=75]Mitch