Driver side heated seat quit working

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

jajwrigh
Crew
Crew

Driver side heated seat quit working

Post by jajwrigh »

This started last winter, but now is the time to get things fixed before this winter arrives. The driver's side heated seat doesn't work, but the passenger does. I checked the fuse and it is obviously fine, because on the seats does work. Is there something that could have come unplugged under the seat of something? Someone help me diagnose this problem...Any and all help appreciated.
[size=75]2004 Zr5[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

I can't recall if the heater has a seperate plug but, it's worth checking. It's just four bolts to remove if, you want to lift the seat up. What about your warranty?
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
jajwrigh
Crew
Crew

Post by jajwrigh »

3 year/36,000mile....gone!
[size=75]2004 Zr5[/size]
Razorback
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Razorback »

Do what!! Our crews have heated seats if so i never noticed a button on my 2003 Crew Cab.... :shock:
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Razorback wrote:Do what!! Our crews have heated seats if so i never noticed a button on my 2003 Crew Cab.... :shock:
I think they were only on the leather power seats.

I know the leather in mine was cold as a mofo this morning, and seemed that the seatback took longer to heat up than the seat bottom. Wonder if thats a pressure thing? I excert more pressure on the bottom, so it "soaks" through the material faster than the back? Anyone have any thoughts?
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Yep :wink:

[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

HEY...Mine doesn't have memory :( :(

Must be one of those things the "decontented" in the last few years :(
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

You know, normally I could be smug and say "my manual seat will still work long after those fancy power seat motors burn out". :) But, considering that I have an S-10, that doesn't apply, because like so many others, my manual seat recliner handle is broken. :x
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
stuffdeer

Post by stuffdeer »

So, Was leather seats an option or ZR5 models?

I only have an Ext. Cab 2wd, but I am looking at upgrading this year.

Thanks, Mike
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Leather seats were probably an option for most models. Not all ZR5s came with leather seats, those aren't part of the appearance package. The only thing that separates a ZR5 from a normal CC are the step bars, bed rails, wheels, fender flares, and ZR5 stickers.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

And luggage racks
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Oh yea!
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Speaking of luggage racks, I finally got to use mine the other night. Held a 6' Fiberglass step ladder quite well. Never thought I'd use that. Kinda cool how it worked out.

Also in more related thoughts. My passengers have been complaining that the heated seats working intermittently. Of the last 6-8 passengers that have been in the front seat. 2 guys haven't felt it working, with the rest saying it does. None of the passengers report the light being on, so I'm curious if that is a good indicator of the heater working or not. So far doesn't seem to be. I'm also curious if the way they are sitting in the seat effects the heater......Guess I'm going to have to get the GF to drive around one night and test for myself. Luckily the drivers side works like a champ!!!
doughboy5499
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by doughboy5499 »

I am glad I don't have the heated seat option. My wife has it in her car and always has it on. I have tried it and boy all it does to me is make a little more butt butter. :oops: So I refrain from using it.
[size=75]SOLD 2001 Red Sonoma CC Billet grille, nerf bars, Tek-Style tonneau, Silverstars, air box mod, K&N, Pioneer DEH P7700MP, Ventvisors, weather-tech floor mats, Rancho RS5000, 15% window tint
FOR SALE 2001 black Ford F-150 xlt 6" Fabtech susp. lift. 3" Body lift. MT wheels, Durango 315/75/16 tires, Pioneer DEH7700MP, Ventvisors, tint, hood scoop(bolt on), tool box, westin brush guard[/size]
Noma02
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Noma02 »

2kwik4u wrote:Speaking of luggage racks, I finally got to use mine the other night. Held a 6' Fiberglass step ladder quite well. Never thought I'd use that. Kinda cool how it worked out.

Also in more related thoughts. My passengers have been complaining that the heated seats working intermittently. Of the last 6-8 passengers that have been in the front seat. 2 guys haven't felt it working, with the rest saying it does. None of the passengers report the light being on, so I'm curious if that is a good indicator of the heater working or not. So far doesn't seem to be. I'm also curious if the way they are sitting in the seat effects the heater......Guess I'm going to have to get the GF to drive around one night and test for myself. Luckily the drivers side works like a champ!!!

Make sure the passanger has their seat belt on or the heater won't work for them. Crazy that the driver side doesn't matter if the seat belt is on or not. I know old thread but :roll:
[size=75]2002 Sonoma crew cab. Mod air box. drop in K&N air filter , Tonneau cover.[/size] Bug deflector, vent guards. Step rail next!
Cajun
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Cajun »

Noma you are the man!

Today I was waiting in the comfort of my truck while my daughter was at soccer training, in the rain and about 45 degrees. As they began to finish up I started the truck turned on the heater and the heated seats. When my seat began to get warm I reached over to see if the passenger seat was warming up...seat belt not buckled no heat and no light on the switch. Just checked it with the seat belt buckled and all is well.

Thanks!
[size=75]03 ZR5 Crew Cab[/size]