engine wiring harness

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

slammed98gmc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

engine wiring harness

Post by slammed98gmc »

Im looking to buy another engine wiring harness to modify for my engine swap.(attempting to do the swap on my next 3 day weekend) . Im having a hard time finding one for a 2001. Ive got a line on a 2003 zr5 harness and pcm and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference in wiring harnesses from a 2001 to a 2003?
[size=75] 2001 sonoma crew cab-6" superlift-2" bl , 33x12.5 grapplers,zr2 rear axle-skidz cutout flares - L31 5.7L

98 sonoma - lt1/th350 -s480 turbo- 9.4@139mph - [url]http://www.slammed98gmc.com[/url] [/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I would think there are differences. The EGR system is different. The Fuel injectors differ. Those I know for sure, there may be more.

The injectors may not matter, as the differences are internal to the manifold. The EGR valve , or lack thereof on the latter may be a problem.

Call your local dealer and get part numbers. If they have different part numbers, they are likely different.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK