Dome light / Security Light Issues

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Andy L.

Dome light / Security Light Issues

Post by Andy L. »

I've been absent for quite awhile but am hoping someone can help me out.

This morning on my 1.5 mile drive home from work at 500AM my dome light and under dash lights turned on about half way home for no apparent reason. I checked all the doors and they are closed tight. I was able to turn the dome light off with the override switch.

Once home and parked the dome light remained on with the truck turned off - unless I engaged the override switch.

I noticed that with the truck turned off and all the doors closed but unlocked the "security" dash light flashes continually. After I hit the lock button on the key fob the security light changes to steady and won't turn off. I rechecked all the doors and they are all closed properly.

Any help would be great.
[size=75]'02 Sonoma CC: Go Rhino 1 piece grille guard, BFGoodrich All Terrian Tires, SmartSiren, Bunch of Whelen LED's, Tail light strobes, and a whole list of things I want to do.[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

My first impression would be to check out your driver's door jam switch/button (for lack of a better term). I am guessing at that one since it is the one with the most activity on it.

Personally, I keep mine on override but, that is just an old cop habit. Never let the "bad guys" know how many are in the car when you egress after dark. :wink:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
daevans315
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by daevans315 »

I second f9k9's comments. I had a back door doing this under warranty. Also, if this is the case, watch for it deciding the door is suddenly open in the garage at 2 AM. The resultant honking is usually enough to cause minor heart attacks.
[size=75]"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Bash.org[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

f9k9 wrote:My first impression would be to check out your driver's door jam switch/button.
This is a good place to start because a bad ground or a faulty switch will cause similar problems. :wink:

Steve
junkraider
Regular
Regular

problems with dome light deciding to stay on and alarm horn

Post by junkraider »

does anyone know how to replace the rear door switchs , i bought them because i am having the same problem with my crew cab and been reading the postings i replaced the drivers door switch but the rear ones got me kinda stumpped as to how they got in and out thanks for your time