headlights

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

sonoma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

headlights

Post by sonoma »

was reading some of the other posts regarding putting 9005 in the low beam and was thinking of doing this....just want to make sure this is completely safe for the truck and can i keep both 9005 in the highs and lows and will i be getting a brighter light in my lows???
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

I don’t think it’s a good idea to put 9005 in Low beam. Just think about the high beam and low beam lamps has different reflectors with different focus points and different glasses made for different purposes (high beam lights higher then low). Moreover, if you do such change you will not have real high beam to drive highways at night. When I just bought my S-10 I didn’t like my lows too and I even bought an auxiliary Bosch fog lights but now I use to live with my poor lows and cant find time or motive to mount auxiliary lights to my truck (lies in a box brand new). Some local guys put xenon bulbs in his American trucks but I think it’s not right too (& illegal) :? . There are many other ways to make your low beams light brightly. :)
GAS
Crew
Crew

Post by GAS »

You can try to mount Hellas driving lights on front bumper or on the roof rails. :roll:
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Just get a safari bar and put on some 6 inch 100 watt driving lights! Night and Day difference!! :)
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]