Enthusiast

water in turnsignal???

Post by Donnie »

any ideals as to how to stop this?
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Drill a few very small holes in the underside of it so water can drain. I had this same problem in my old vehicle's headlight. I kept getting water in it and the bulbs kept bursting. So I carefully drilled a few small holes in the bottom of it and never had the problem again.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
BADs Crew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BADs Crew »

First you have to get the water out or it will continue to condensate. I would pull the turn signal lens and dump any water that was in it. you can use a hair drier to evaporate the water droplets out.

Look at the lens closely, there is a front and back piece that are glued together. Inspect the seam and if you find any place where it may have come separated you can clean it up and either use PVC cement or clear silicone caulking to seal it. Also inspect the light for stone damage. If the damage is minor you can use the same process to repair it.

When reinstalling the light make sure the bulb socket locks into the lens snuggle. Water can also get in around the socket. I had this problem once with my after market lenses. Once the water and water vapor was out the problem never resurfaced.
[size=75]2001 S-10 Crew , A.R.E Cap, Limo tint windows, Halogen Back up lights. Bilstein Shocks, 1.5 Rear Spacers, Summit Rear Diff Cover Clear Bumper Lights, Carbon Altezza Tail Lights, Billet Grill. SS Step Bars. GM full front bra. ,,, GM Quote concerning the gurgling heater core " They all sound like that"[/size]
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Or just buy new ones, they're not that expensive on Ebay
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
MARBLEYARD
Crew
Crew

Post by MARBLEYARD »

BobbleSmitty wrote:Or just buy new ones, they're not that expensive on Ebay
That's your best bet. The lens will start to discolor after a short while.

used turn signal lamps
[size=75]’03 S10 CC, thule roof rack, brush guard, painted to match bowtie, running boards, and vent visors, ’56 “chevrolet” badge on tailgate, air box mod w/ K&N filter, Gibson cat back exhaust, 100% synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1, Kenwood deck, tow package, freedom grill [/size]
Donnie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

water in turnsignal

Post by Donnie »

Took the unit out, has the fog lamp attached, took and filled it with water and tipped it up, saw that water was coming out of one corner and that was the only one, took air hose and put bit of pressure on it, and it indeed came out , must come in, at that point, took some super glue and then a small bead of silicone and sealed it..waited about two hours checked it again, no leak, so " WE WILL SEE" :)