Remote Start work with factory keyless entry?

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

bradjh
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Remote Start work with factory keyless entry?

Post by bradjh »

I have the keyless entry and i was wondering how can i put a remote start on my cc? can i buy like a $100 bull dog syetem or what? how difficult are they to install i have never messed with wire harness or anything but i know how to put a subs and etc. into cars/trucks.. any help would be greatly appreciated.. brad
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
T Man
Crew
Crew

Post by T Man »

I had a thought. The new tahoes have remote start on the key fob. Are their BCMs reflashable to be able to work with the s10, but keep the remote start?
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

i just got remote start
i got the python one from circuit city
it ran me about 600 but i love it
they wire the system into everything already in your truck.
the only thing is if you arm your truck then unlock it with your stock keyless entry and open the door your new alarm will go off
and i highly recommend getting it dont professionaly because it took the guy 8 hrs and hes done it 5 times before
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
groceryman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by groceryman »

I got the viper installed at best buy it has remote start and keyless entry all for about 300.
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

wow, thats great. i thought it was so awsome to start it from somewhere else. my friends were all like holy shitt howd you do that?!?
anyways, good deal man, hope you like it
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]