Leather heated seats stopped working

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

pceh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Leather heated seats stopped working

Post by pceh »

Hi, I am hoping someone can help with my heated seats. For two weeks, there was a clicking noise under the seat whenever I moved in the seat. The heated seats still worked but the clicking was annoying. Now, the clicking has stopped and the heat has also stopped working on both seats. If I wiggle the wires underneath, the clicking starts again. It appears that the clicking is coming from the black box that is mounted under the driver's seat. I am not sure if it is the wiring or the black box. BTW -what is the black box for? Any ideas on how I would go about troubleshooting the issue? Thanks.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Maybe a relay of some sort related to the heated seats. Do they work again after wiggling the harness? Maybe just a bad harness connection too.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
pceh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by pceh »

I am pretty sure it is the black box as the wiring looks sound. I will pull the seat on the weekend. What makes me think it is the black box is the fact that both seats are not working. If it were wiring a fuse would blow, or only the one seat would not work.
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

Good point...I'd imagine that box has a relay or two in it that's acting up. See if there's a part number stamped on the outside and search for it to see what it is.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
watches

Re: Leather heated seats stopped working

Post by watches »

pceh wrote:Hi, I am hoping someone can help with my heated seats. For two weeks, there was a clicking noise under the seat whenever I moved in the seat. The heated seats still worked but the clicking was annoying. Now, the clicking has stopped and the heat has also stopped working on both seats. If I wiggle the wires underneath, the clicking starts again. It appears that the clicking is coming from the black box that is mounted under the driver's seat. I am not sure if it is the wiring or the black box. BTW -what is the black box for? Any ideas on how I would go about troubleshooting the issue? Thanks.
hey i have the same prob on my '03 but i never noticed the clickin but neither of my seats are heating, lites do not lite up and i tested the wires at the switch but there is no power there. did you ever figure out what was wrong with yours??
pceh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by pceh »

I have not removed the seats yet. I am thinking it has to do with wiring. If I move the seats lower in height, the clicking comes back but the heat still does not work. I will post once I have had a chance to look at it.