3 Color LED Tailgate Light or Fire & Ice LED Light Bar

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Guitar831
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

3 Color LED Tailgate Light or Fire & Ice LED Light Bar

Post by Guitar831 »

Which to choose... Which to choose... Both of these LED light bars offer safety with style. The 3 Color LED Tailgate Light offers amber LEDs for turn signals while the Fire & Ice LED light bar uses red LEDs for both stop and turn signals. But which to choose...
[size=75]Guitar831[/size]
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

the first one sounds cool. ive never seen one with amber.
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
border man
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by border man »

Problem with either one of these is gonna be the spare tire dropdown mechanism. :( The hole is right smack in the way, unlike the fullsize and others that have it in the bumper.
[size=75]I didn't do it, it was already like that when I got it.[/size]
2kwik4u
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by 2kwik4u »

Anyone know if you can wire those in such a manner to turn the backuplight section on independently?

I'd love to have some extra light at the back of the Yukon for hooking/unhooking the boat at nighttime.
[size=75][url=http://picasaweb.google.com/2kwik4u]2kwik4u's pics[/url][/size]
Guitar831
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Guitar831 »

2kwik4u wrote: I'd love to have some extra light at the back of the Yukon for hooking/unhooking the boat at nighttime.
Here you go right here. Two styles to choose from. Style one mounts directly into the hitch with easy install/removal. Style two mounts directly over the hitch and maintains full hitch use.
[size=75]Guitar831[/size]
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

i used this one on my truck...it works great. and to get to the spare...the bar is screwed to the sticky pads. so you can easily remove it. i trimmed the plastic thing around the hole for the spare. the 3 color one also requires taping wires while the line of fire used your hitch wiring harness plug
http://www.shop.synergyoffroad.com/prod ... oductId=43

and my truck...
purduecrew
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by purduecrew »

2kwik4u wrote:Anyone know if you can wire those in such a manner to turn the backuplight section on independently?

I'd love to have some extra light at the back of the Yukon for hooking/unhooking the boat at nighttime.
Like Raven mentioned. Im pretty sure the 3 color uses your trailer pig tail. Just tap in a switched power supply to the reverse light portion, and there is your manual control :D
[size=75]2003 Black CC
Hot Feet Fix - Quad Light Mod - 30x9.5 BFG A/T -PA3's - Boise Spring Works Kit - PCM TUNE
COMING: ?[/size]
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

border man wrote:Problem with either one of these is gonna be the spare tire dropdown mechanism. :( The hole is right smack in the way, unlike the fullsize and others that have it in the bumper.

That's odd... My friends 2000-ish Sonoma extended cab goes through the bumper, as did my old '85 S10, and Jimmy/Blazers

Must be the crew bed...
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
Regular
Regular

Post by newbie »

I know I'm a little behind but I found back up lights at Meijer that just strap to the Hitch for about $20 and I think they just hook up with the trailer or you can hard wire.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

ZR2USA.com - LED lightbars $19.99, Stylintrucks on sale, with this code.[quote="gsmobile2007"]For those who have wanted one. Stylintrucks has red LED tailgate lightbars on sale til 08/02/09 for $19.99 (+ ship) if you use coupon code LITEBAR, your choice 49" or 60", reg. price $49.99. They go well on trailors and along the bottom of the rocker panels, or inside the bedrails, also.[/url]

Looked like it indeed would make a good trailer lightset. 49" is perfect. $30 shipped. They really ding you on shipping and handling.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK