The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Eric H
Crew
Crew

BIG electrical problem.

Post by Eric H »

I'll get right to the point here...

What could cause a vehicle to lose all power? The only thing that is getting power is the cigarette power outlets. They even seem to have power when the CIGAR fuse is pulled from the interior fuse blox.
The headlights don't work, the tail lights don't work, no flashers, no interior lights, no crank, no windows/locks, etc.

Background: I started my vehicle with the remote starter but put my foot on the brake before turning the key forward. The vehicle turned off. I put the key in and turned it forward. There was a brief crank and then everything went dead.

I spoke with Circuit City (alarm installer) and they stated the alarm is only a starter/ignition kill and that it wouldn't affect all the other systems.

Thanks!
[size=75][b]2001 Chevy S-10 LS Ext Cab 4x4[/b] -2" BL; US Wheel Stars; 30x9.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers; home made topper; RF 800a2; Two RF He2 12"
[b][url=http://photos.yahoo.com/negativez0]1995 White Camaro Convertible 3.4 A4[/url] -[i]TRADED IN![/i][/b] -RK-Sport Big Block Hood & Sport Wing; Black & Blue Pearl Racing Stripes; 17x9½" König Monsoons; Flowmaster w/ Quad 2½" Tips [/size]
AZS10Crew
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by AZS10Crew »

I would check the underhood fuse and relay panels. There's a few "mega fuses" (the really big 1"-2" ones) in those panels that regulate a lot of major systems all at once. We had a Trailblazer at the dealership I used to work at that blew one of these and basically everything went dead like you're describing.
[size=75]Mark
[b][i][color=red]2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab[/color][/i][/b]
[b][color=blue]"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."[/color][/b][/size]
drperry
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by drperry »

Your ignition switch could be toast, as well.

But check all your fuses first.
2005 Chevy Blazer
5 Speed 4x4
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

Mine died today on my way to school. If the ignition switch is bad would i get power to any fuses?
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Yes. Not all rely upon the ignition switch to be in the on position. Check your battery , cables and connections.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
HCO4x4
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by HCO4x4 »

Problem solved. There is i guess a solenoid where the positive cables go to, under the battery tray. One nut was loose half a turn. Tightened it up and everything's fine.
[size=75]-2001 s-10 crew - K&N intake, 2" PA body lift, tbar crank, bilstein shocks, 15" american racing baja rims, 31x10.5r15 bfg MUD terrains[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Good news!
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]