SES light with code P0155

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

SES light with code P0155

Post by DLP »

I had the SES light come on this weekend. I was on vacation and didn't worry about it until I got home yesterday. I read the P0155 code (02 bank 2 sensor 1) and cleared it. Went for a short drive and it came back. Cleared it again and it cam back today. I did a lot of searching on here and see that I should change all 3 02 sensors. I am at 110,000 miles. I got a price from Car Quest for a AC Delco at $167. The Bosch was $67. I read on here that a Delco should run between $50 and $60. Can any one send me to a good place to pick them up? Could also use a part number if you have it. Thanks for the help. Darrell
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Http://www.rockauto.com , that is where I bought mine.

Look for a discount code and save a little on the freight costs.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Got mine on E-Bay for $19.00 each plus $9.00 for shipping all three together. Total cost $63.00 for all three. All installed and one was defective. Sent back and they replaced it. All three are now 60+days in service with no further problems.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Thank you for the link.

I have been looking around on Ebay. But all the ones that seem to fit, either have universal mounting (no connector) or they are from a 2??? truck with -50 miles on it. You know what I mean?! I am not sure what I want to do yet. Going hunting is at the top of my list. But that wont get the truck fixed! I think I will shop around a bit more.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Try looking HERE for your sensors. Don't see what your truck or engine or year is so you'll have to sort through these to find the one that fits. Mine is a 2001 engine code W so the AFS-105 is the one I bought. It is a direct fit. Don't be afraid of the universal fits either. Only difference in many of the sensors is the connectors.
2001 CC LS, pewter, stock, 4.3,Wait4meperformance, CFM throttle blade, Helix throttle body spacer, 4spd auto, 3button electric 4x4 shift, heavy duty factory suspension, Bilsteins, 1" rear wheel spacers, skid plates.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I got the 02 sensor installed today. No more code. At least for now! Thanks for all the help and replys. Darrell
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Did you put some anti-seize on the threads? I didn't on the one that I've replaced, and it's about welded itself in the pipe. :twisted: And yes, I sprayed it down with some PB Blaster for several hours before attempting to remove it again. :x
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

WVHogRider wrote:Did you put some anti-seize on the threads? I didn't on the one that I've replaced, and it's about welded itself in the pipe. :twisted: And yes, I sprayed it down with some PB Blaster for several hours before attempting to remove it again. :x
Did you then get it hot by running the engine for a while before trying to remove it? They all seem welded until heated up. Then MOST of them will come out without too much effort. Careful not to remove too much skin by touching those hot pipes though. :wink: :lol:
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

roadrunner
Did you then get it hot by running the engine for a while before trying to remove it? They all seem welded until heated up. Then MOST of them will come out without too much effort. Careful not to remove too much skin by touching those hot pipes though. :wink: :lol:
Yep, tried removing it after soaking over night...No go. So I ran the truck for a little to warm up the pipes..... :x Forgot to put mechanics gloves back on...Just a little singe. :cry: Put gloves back on & still a no go on the removal. I'm going to try raising the truck up higher and a longer helper bar on the wrench the next time I attempt the removal. :roll:
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Well Rider, the only other suggestion I can make is if you have access to a fire-wrench (torch) to heat up the threaded female weld-on fitting on the pipe. I would suggest this only as a last resort though as you are sure to completely ruin the sensor if it isn't dead already. Also great care is advised not to light the truck on fire negating the need to remove the sensor. If you use this method you'll need to get the threaded sleeve cherry red to free up the sensor.

One other word of advice which you've already learned use anti-sieze and don't overtighten. Snug will do and assist in future removals if needed.
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Are you using a deepwell sensor socket? I used a swivel head rachet with a pipe extension to break it loose. Then it turned right out easy.
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

Anybody know of a good source for wide-band O2 sensors for our trucks?
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Rockrz wrote:Anybody know of a good source for wide-band O2 sensors for our trucks?
Let me know if you find one! Been looking for that for a while now. All I've ever found you'd have to have a medium to large fortune to afford. :roll: But then, the other problem is we have 3 of them (4 in a few cases) and getting all that working together and talking to the system properly presents additional problems of it's own. :(
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I found a place to buy wide band at:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php
and it's appaears to be $199 so it's a little more than stock

I asked the question at http://www.hptuners.com/forum

HP Tuners seem to be pretty good.

Eventually, I'm going to buy this so I can play with all my settings to see if I can tweak my truck for best performance and mileage.
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

DLP, have you replaced those sensors yet?

If not make sure you buy AC/Delco 02 sensors because some of the aftermarket sensors like Bosch can cause idling and surging problems not to mention lower gas mileage.

After trying several brands over the past 20 years I have found that AC/Delco 02 sensors work best in GM vehicles. :wink:

Steve
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

I've been running Bosch on mine and haven't had any problems.
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

BWD on mine (all 3). No problems as yet.
Rockrz
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by Rockrz »

roadrunner wrote:BWD on mine (all 3). No problems as yet.
What is "BWD"?
(sorry, I don't know anything about texting)
[size=75]I'm drivin a...2003 Chevy S10 Ex Cab LS 2WD, Auto, 4.3L, Vin Code X[/size]
F9K9
Mod K Elite
Mod K Elite

Post by F9K9 »

Rockrz wrote:......What is "BWD"?.......
....... :popcorn:
[size=75][b]"For those who have fought for it, [i][color=red]FR[/color][color=white]EE[/color][color=blue]DOM[/color][/i] has a taste that the protected will never know."
[url=http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349]GUIDE TO SEARCHING. [i] (Some of the forum software is different but, it has helped me a lot.)[/i][/url][/b]
[b]"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke[/b][/size]
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

Yes. I replaced it back in September. I got 3 at a time off ebay. They were off a 2005 with 25,000 miles on them. 8)
roadrunner
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by roadrunner »

Rockrz wrote:
roadrunner wrote:BWD on mine (all 3). No problems as yet.
What is "BWD"?
Borg-Warner. Don't know if the D stands for division or whatever else but I do know they are Borg-Warner. Sorry if I lost ya with the abreviation and I don't text either. 8)
Reed, I think you're gonna get full if you keep watching and eating all that popcorn. :lol: