The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

blks10
Crew
Crew

High Beams

Post by blks10 »

I got a head scratcher for you guys:

My driver side headlamp assembly. For some reason, my high beams are pointed at the same spot where my low beams are, so when i turn them on, it just shines right where the lows shine. anyone had a similer experiance?

Thanks
JaVeRo
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by JaVeRo »

Twice I have replaced a bulb only to notice that it was not pointing right the next time I drove the truck at night. Both times I did not have the bulb seated it the socket good. If I remember right, there were three tabs and I only snagged two. Easy to fix once you figure it out.

Have you replace any bulbs lately?

James
2001 S10 Crew (wife's mail truck)
2002 S10 Crew, 2003 S10 Blazer
2006 K2500 5 speed
DLP
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by DLP »

I was happy with the stock bulbs. they lasted 110,000 miles and burned out within 2 weeks of each other. I replaced them with the basic $10 each Silviana bulbs. Neither side pointed close to where the stockers did. Brightness was poor with a yellow tint. Then I bought a set of Silver Stars. The passenger side was great but the driver side was wacked too far to adjust. It also had a blur output. Not focesed like the passenger side. I took them back for a different set. With a little tweeking, they turned out ok. My buddy just bought the Silver Stars for his full size Ford. His lows are much better than my CC on high. I don't like the loose fitting housings either.
[size=75][b][color=blue]2003 Blue Crewcab[/b][/color][/size]
blks10
Crew
Crew

Post by blks10 »

JaVeRo wrote:Twice I have replaced a bulb only to notice that it was not pointing right the next time I drove the truck at night. Both times I did not have the bulb seated it the socket good. If I remember right, there were three tabs and I only snagged two. Easy to fix once you figure it out.

Have you replace any bulbs lately?

James
It has always been like this. I will have to check out whether is is seated in there correctly. If it is that easy, that will be awesome!
raven2510
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by raven2510 »

mine are that way too....its the cheap way that the lights attach to the core support
1999 Chevy S10 ZR2
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

I'm sure you guys realize that the headlight assemblies attach to the core support with 2 slotted tabs per headlight on each side, but did you know that there are also a couple of tabs on the bottom of each headlight that have to slide into the grooves on the bottom?

It is very easy to put headlight assemblies back in and not have the lower tabs engaged in the bottom holes.

When you reinstall the headlight assemblies it is very difficult to see those lower tabs and whether or not they are actually in the slots.

If you can wiggle the headlight assembly at all I would bet those lower tabs are not in the slots.

I've had the lights pointing in the wrong direction a few times after replacing the bulbs on late model S10's, and it was because those tabs weren't in the grooves. :x

It would also be a good idea to make sure the bulbs are seated properly creating a good seal with the housing.

I have the Silverstars on all my vehicles and they are way brighter than the stocks bulbs plus after replacement they always point in the same direction as the old bulbs.

Steve