How to put a sub on a stock radio

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Jongo88
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

How to put a sub on a stock radio

Post by Jongo88 »

Can anyone post up pictures of a sub box and what you have done for a sub behind the back seat? I want to keep my stock radio but I want a sub.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

I and a couple others added Bazooka tubes.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
BobbleSmitty
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by BobbleSmitty »

Do a quick search, I have both a description and pictures of my set up on this site. Look in my pictures in the photo section.
[size=75]2004 S-10 Crew Cab ZR5 -*SOLD*-2" PA Body Lift - Air Shocks - 30x9.5" Cooper Discoverer S/T tires - 1.25" Rear Spacers - Clear Bumper Lights - Westin Safari - Light Bar w/ 100watt 6" Lights - Custom Stainless Steel V-force Dual Exhaust w/ 3" Black Chrome Slash Cut Tips - CB radio w/ 100watt PA speaker - Alpine MP3/CD Player - 10" JL Sub w/ 300watt amp - Low Profile - 'TonneauMasters' Tonneau Cover - In-channel Vent Visors - Airbox mod - Custom Front Tow Hooks - Debadged [/size]
z28
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: How to put a sub on a stock radio

Post by z28 »

Im new at this and maybe im missing something but i see no web site. Id like to see the pics of your set up im trying to put a sub in mine. any help on how to see these pics would be great... thanks :?:
Walt
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by Walt »

You'll be able to see it this evening. ;)
--Walt
2001 S-10 CrewCab - Retired...
riceburnr2005
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Re:

Post by riceburnr2005 »

HenryJ wrote:I and a couple others added Bazooka tubes.

what size bazooka tube?? is there enough room without moving the back seats forward?
U.S. Marines
2003 CC LS, indigo blue, Spectre Cold Air, OBX throttle body spacer, descreened MAF, hunter bull bar, BAJA off road lights, 15x7 Crager soft 8 wheels, 31x10.50x15 Goodyear Wrangler Authority tires, cranked TB's, Daystar 2 inch shackles, 2" PA body lift, 1.5 inch spacers in the rear, Access TonnoSport Tonneau cover, reese hitch, carbon fiber front chevy badge, Lund bug deflector, roof rack from a blazer, Kenwood CD player, JVC 6 1/2 speakers.
nebby58
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by nebby58 »

I have a custom sub box. There is a company you can order it from for this vehical. http://s807.photobucket.com/albums/yy36 ... 8360_a.jpg
"It says the install time is only a half an hour"-me
"Better add three more on top of that"-family
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Re: Re:

Post by HenryJ »

riceburnr2005 wrote:

what size bazooka tube?? is there enough room without moving the back seats forward?
6.5" fits fine.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
hootz
Regular
Regular

Re:

Post by hootz »

Bazooka tubes are great for this application. I have one that was under the rear seat in a full size extended cab and then put it in my S10 blazer; have been very happy with the performance.
2003 S-10 CrewCab..Mall Crawler Extraordinaire!!
paintballrocker
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by paintballrocker »

i have a 12" rockford shallow mount and it fits great! i have a thread and pics up, search for it
[size=75]2002 CC, westin push bar with 2 lights, bed cover, custom made cat-back exhaust.......soon a steering stabilizer mod, lift, sounds system[/size]
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

I also have a 6.5 inch bazooka, definatly a great upgrade for the CC. the 6.5 inch model fits behind the seat with NO modification. I recommend the 250W Class D version if you really want to crank the tunes, but the 100W basic version is fine for the casual listener who wants a concert like clarity.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ
urimashe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by urimashe »

yea the bazooka tube i got works grea,t i took it out and put a small 10 inch on my back middle seat though cuz i wanted a lil more bump.

the only problem with th 250w class D bazooka tube is that it likes 2 ohms resistance, the woofer in the tube, has a 4 ohm resistance, if you want it to bump even better you can replace the sub in the tube with a diffrent one that is 2 ohm and get the full power out of the built in amp. if i keep my tube, im going to do just that. i will let you know if the bump realy does get better.
ApproachMedium
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by ApproachMedium »

Sounds good. I am still very satisfied with the basic entry level 110w 6.5 inch bazooka thats in my truck. Its kinda sad that my >$500 stereo system in the truck running off the head unit power and the bazooka internal amp sounds better than my VW which has a Alpine PDX 600.1 with a pioneer 12 inch shallow mount sub and a 250W 10 speaker stock sound system. I just cant get the bass right in the GTI but the truck is totally a concert experience to be had.
Knowledge has no value unless its shared with others.
Exploration Machine- 02' CC V8 swap. 300K+
Portable Roller Coaster- 07' MKV VW GTI
Its another Jeep- 98 TJ