Problem with security system. Killing battery!!!!!

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

Crew Cab Andy
Regular
Regular

Problem with security system. Killing battery!!!!!

Post by Crew Cab Andy »

I have a 02 CC that was a repo. It has a key for the door and a seperate key for the ignition. I dont have the remotes for it. But when I lock the truck and leave it alone for a day or two the battery goes dead. Is there a way to disable the security system or to reset it? I plan to get the remotes off ebay when I can. But Id like the truck to function properly in the mean time. The radio seems to be locked up also. It wont accept CD's I found the info about that on here could that be related????? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy :twisted:
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Is it the original battery?

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

this might be off base, but, my mom's old tahoe had the vanity sun visor blocker thigns, lol. you know,, you pull em down and it has the mirror with light and to get to the mirror you have to open lift up the 'door' on it.

Well, the hing on that was broke, and the light was staying on, since the plunger button on it that turn the light on/off wasnt being depressed. If killed her battery many times before we figured out what was doing it.

My CC had the same broken vanity mirror door, but it wasnt on like my mom's old tahoe. Maybe that could be your problem?
Crew Cab Andy
Regular
Regular

Post by Crew Cab Andy »

nope it had a new battery in it 2 weeks ago when I bought it. It had a bad cell so I put a new one in on tuesday night came howm yesterday and it was dead.
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

If the battery is good, you need to find the draw. It should not go dead in two days. Perhaps a bad diode in your alternator? If you are up there around 80k miles a rebuild or replacement is not out of the question.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
Crew Cab Andy
Regular
Regular

Post by Crew Cab Andy »

Ok so I tried messing with the security system heres what I did. With the drivres window down I started the truck shut it off . Pressed the lock button in this sequence ( its an old repo trick) lock lock unlock lock with the ignition off. I then unlocked the door with the key and started the truck locked all the doors and unlocked manualy just the drivers side. I thne shut off the truck got out closed the door and locked it with the key. The security light that has been flashing since I got the truck hasnt flashed since. Hmm we will see.

Now Im reading on how to try and unlock the CD Player

Andy
WVHogRider
Crew Elite
Crew Elite

Post by WVHogRider »

Crew Cab Andy wrote:Now Im reading on how to try and unlock the CD Player
Andy
Well, if the previous owner didn't write their code in the owners manual, or even change the stock code, on the radio, you'll have to call the MoCo to get the code to unlock it. I think we already had a thread in the past on that, but I'm not sure if the info got saved in the cross over to the new system.
[size=75]'01 CC w/ a bunch of Mods. More always on the way.
Realization...All women need medication...Just find one on the right medication & make sure she stays on it!!!![/size]
Crew Cab Andy
Regular
Regular

Post by Crew Cab Andy »

Yeah unfortunately the previous owner didnt have much of a choice in getting rid of the CC it was a repo. I have searched and didnt see a thread about changing the code so do I have to go to the dealer?? I have gotten the battery to stop dying by bypassing the security system every time I shut off the truck I lock the d.s. door manually and bypass the security system.

If anyone has a link to the thread on how to unlock the radio can you put it on here.

Thanks

Andy