i think my dome light overide is backwards

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

possumbab

i think my dome light overide is backwards

Post by possumbab »

ok on all my other chevys the dome light comes on when i open the door and goes off if i press the override button but on my cc it stays off until i press overide button then it just stays on till i press it again please help me figure this out
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Rotate the dashlight dimmer back a little. It sounds like it is turned to the position where the dome light is turned on.

"Speed doesn't kill, suddenly becoming stationary does." - Richard Hammond
"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
If at first you don't succeed - Don't take up Skydiving!
- ThunderII KE7CSK
possumbab

nope

Post by possumbab »

naw i have rolled about half way cuz the compass and therm. ligthson the overhead console are so bright!!!! i dont know what the deal is with ikeep trying every light and roller and button combo and nothing is workin. It is seriously backwards to what it is supposed to be
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Just a thought. Are you waiting 30 seconds or so after the door is closed to see if the lights go off? there is a delay built in to act as a courtesy light.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
possumbab

yea

Post by possumbab »

yep i waited like five minutes i can be driven down the road and press it and it kicks my lights on!!! im gettin agrivated cuz its pitch black in the damn truck and i cant see what im doin when i get in at night time
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

What year , make and model?
Have you checked the courtesy lamp fuse? Tested with a continuity tester / ohm meter.

Do you have any modifications? Stereo, alarm, lights, etc.

Once that stuff checks out look to the door switch.

"Speed is just a matter of Money - How fast do YOU want to go?"-Mechanic from Mad Max-
- ThunderII KE7CSK
possumbab

yea

Post by possumbab »

03 chevy s10 crewcb now mods other than tires as of yet, everything is checkin out ok i just cant figure it out !
HenryJ
Admin K Elite
Admin K Elite

Post by HenryJ »

Sorry , you will just have to go back over everything again. Start at the door switch and work both ways.
Did it go out when you removed the fuse? Did it go out when you disconnected the door jamb switch? Does the rotary switch have continuity when it is rotated below the on position?

Not much we can do for you if everything is fine. It is really one of those things that needs hands on. You are going to have to do the work, or find someone to do it for you. You have missed something.
Last edited by HenryJ on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- ThunderII KE7CSK
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

Just trying to figure out exactly what is going on.
The dome override switch should be on the out position when you want the lights to come on when you open the door (or hit the remote button) pushing it in should turn off the dome lights and they will not come on when the doors are open. If this is not how yours are working time for more circuit tracing like Brule suggested.
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]