airbag light???

The stock systems

Moderator: F9K9

mattdawg
Regular
Regular

airbag light???

Post by mattdawg »

sometimes my airbag light will stay on while truck is running, then most of the time it stays off like it is suppose to. have any ideas???
fallvitals
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by fallvitals »

Not sure.... the one time my airbag light stayed on, all the time, (which thats different from your issue) I had a bad ?airbag derm module?.

Of course thats a , dealer-has-to-fix-it, part. that cost me $500.
04crewvt
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by 04crewvt »

I would carefully check the airbag deployment sensor located on the radiator core support to make sure it's not loose (you will want to de-energizer the airbag system first so you don't accidentally set it off)
[size=75]Why does the universe decree that if you have all the time in the world to work on projects you have no money and vice versa?
Green 2004 ZR-5 w/ too much to list here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2296465[/size]
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Post by killian96ss »

When the air bag light is on, the system is disabled, meaning that your air bags will not deploy in a crash so it would be wise to have the dealer locate the problem. :wink:

Steve
JimmyMac

Re: airbag light???

Post by JimmyMac »

My air bag light is on intermittenly now also. It's random when it comes on, no praticular pattern. Come on after start and stays on then go off then on, driving not long after start comes on, but goes off then may come back on. Sometimes doesn't come on for days. Random patterns on/off.
I see checking deployment sensor on radiator core, where is it located on core? Pulling a fuse I asssume for airbag to de-energize ? Any other ideas ?
killian96ss
Crew K Elite
Crew K Elite

Re: airbag light???

Post by killian96ss »

I have read a tsb for late model S10's that says moisture inside the sensor will turn the light on which also disables the entire system. Whenever I used to cross large water crossings and spray water everywhere, my air bag light would come on. It used to go off on its own, but after a few months it stayed on constant. When I finally wrecked my cc, luckily I had my seatbelt on because the airbag did not deploy, and I could have been seriously injured or killed. If your light is on, get the problem fixed ASAP!

Steve